Bravenet Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Decking my garden

Would anyone please give advice on how high I can go with decking .
You see my garden is a large garden that has a very high slope and I would like to make my decking go from the lowest point to the highest point I am told that the higher I go the less stable it will be any ideas please.

Herbert

Re: Decking my garden

Hi Herbert your question about your decking being safe, I don't know who told you that it may not be stable because of the height because you do not make one platform but make a few different platforms building up to the desired level that you want.I have a decking in my back garden that goes aprox twenty foot up it goes into one large area then it goes up another ten foot and then another five foot.and I feel perfectly safe on standing on it in fact we have had many parties overlooking the bay at night .the only thing you do have to do is make sure of your foundation being a good solid sand stone and cement and make sure that you give the timber that extra treating where it goes into the ground before you cement the hole thing in making sure you have sufficient crossmembers to stop the decking from being able to fall to one side especially on a high one and like mine if the wind gets up .

hope this has been some help good luck with the decking
Roderick