Start a New Topic 
79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Now we will start on New Year's Wishes.
There are many ways to touch people's heart, An action, a hug, a word, a smile. Make it your resolution this year, and remember: It takes ONE NATION to make a difference in this WORLD. It takes ONE COMMUNITY to make a difference in this NATION. It takes ONE FAM...
Views: 126   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 25, 2005 3:52pm
by Marilyn
Hope I have not goofed a request...
I talked to Cecil Davenport at church today and he asked me if I knew a friend of his I do believe his name is Jimmy Brown...well anyway, he went into service before he graduated and now he wants to see yearbooks of his class. If any on you know where he can get a y...
Views: 130   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 25, 2005 1:06pm
by Marilyn
k
Karen
Merry Christmas
for a chuckle: http://www.reuters.hu/card_dom/index_content.html
Views: 127   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 24, 2005 10:58pm
by DD
Wish the images would show...but I like what it says.
YOU CAN'T STEAL MY CHRISTMAS I don't know who they are saying I can't greet the crowd the way that I want to. Can't say CHRISTMAS out loud. I walk into a business place see things that I rather not see but dare I not say CHRISTMAS and ask for a "holiday" tree. Wha...
Views: 138   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 24, 2005 3:59pm
by Marilyn
EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT
GOT UP THIS MORNING WITH MY HEART FIBULATING AND MY THROAT HURTING LIKE A SCOFICUS(SP) SPASUM, I'VE HAD BOTH AND THEY WOULD WEAR OFF IN A LITTLE WHILE, THIS ONE DIDN'T. ONER WAS AT THE BEAUTY SHOP IN BUTLER, WHEN I GOT HER ON THE PHONE, SHE WAS ON HER WAY HOME. TO MA...
Views: 151   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 24, 2005 10:37am
by Lathan
Early Christmas
We have just said good-by to our grand-daughter,grand son-in-law and two great grand kids. It was an early Christmas for us due to the fact that they will be at home in Georgia for the big day. We had two wonderful days with them and enjoyed every minute. The thre...
Views: 115   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 23, 2005 6:54pm
by Ed and Pat
k
Karen
Traditions
Do you have any traditions for Christmas that are "out of the ordinary". Ours is homemade noodles for Christmas dinner. My mother made them every year since before I was born and continued this until she couldn't. I now make them and have for 25 years for my family...
Views: 159   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 23, 2005 8:59am
by Jimmy Holmes
Hardy twin
Johnny Hardy will be buried today. Some of the younger folk will remember him. Twin brother to Jimmy Hardy. Younger brothers to Don Hardy, class of 61. Red headed twins. 58 years old, BBC grad.
Views: 152   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 22, 2005 8:24am
by Mike S.
Old picture
I can not find the picture of the women's soft ball team. It is on here somewhere if anyone can remember where. Also, can you print from this site? The ladies at church, some of which are on the team, wanted to see it.
Views: 154   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 22, 2005 7:47am
by Cubby
k
Karen
Good Thursday Morning
A very "brisk" 23 degrees here this morning...feeling a little Christmasy. Would be great to have a sprinkling of snow. Those who are getting the downfall are probably saying, "Oh,yea, sure". I remember walking in the snowfall at midnight with a full moon. There isn...
Views: 115   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 22, 2005 6:29am
by Karen
Good Morning
Mornin' y'all...this will be my last day to visit with you for about a week. I plan to be spending some time with the kids in New Jersey, Baltimore and the ones coming here from Florida so I'll be a little out of pocket. Just wanted to wish everybody a Very Merry C...
Views: 145   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 21, 2005 1:55pm
by E.S. & Zona
Look Familiar ?
To One and all of my Good fw: E-mail buds: As the holidays approach, my heartfelt appreciation goes out to all of you who have taken the time and trouble to send me "forwards" over the past 12 months. Thank you for making me feel safe, secure, blessed, and wealth...
Views: 147   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 20, 2005 10:17am
by Chuck Jones
k
Karen
ES?
Anxiously waiting to hear from the doctors report today.....
Views: 110   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 20, 2005 8:02am
by Karen
CHECKING IN
JUST CHECKING IN TO LET Y'ALL KNOW WE'RE STILL KICKING AT CAMP GLOSSON BUT NOT VERY HIGH. ONER WENT TO THE DR TODAY AND GOT SOME MEDS FOR HER COUGH, IT'S MUCH BETTER NOW. HORACE, THAT WAS A GOOD REMEDY WITH THE RUM, SHE DID TRY SEGUMS V. O. IN COKE BUT IT DIDN'T DO A...
Views: 129   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 19, 2005 9:28pm
by Horace Easterlin...
Certainly good for a laugh!
Cubby shared these pictures with me, and we decided to share them with all of you. This is FUNNY stuff! The pics were made in Denmark, and those are the names of towns, first on the boat and then on the sign. Cubby says he was pulling Mike Deason's finger in the seco...
Views: 119   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 19, 2005 2:47pm
by Jimmy Holmes
k
Karen
Good Sunday evening
Hi everybody~ Am hoping all had a blessed Sunday. We went to church this morning then I retreated to the study and read while Charlie and Uncle Luke watched ballgames in the den. I got about a chapter read and promptly fell asleep for most of the rest of the aftern...
Views: 169   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 19, 2005 9:20am
by Jimmy Holmes
The Forks....
That always seemed like such a good place for a restaurant...Did nothing ever make a go there?
Views: 134   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 18, 2005 9:21am
by Jimmy Holmes
REASONS TO SMILE
12 Reasons to Smile Marriage changes passion. Suddenly you're in bed with a relative. I saw a woman wearing a sweat shirt with "Guess" on it So I said "Implants?" She hit me. How come we choose from just two people to run for presi...
Views: 130   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 17, 2005 3:36pm
by E.S. & Zona
i
Ivy
Prayer request for MVB
Alton (Dumas) Davenport fell last Saturday and as a result his Dr. has suggested the nurseing home. He and Joan need our prayers. Two wonderful people that we enjoy on Sunday mornings in Bible Study.
Views: 142   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 17, 2005 2:18pm
by E.S. & Zona
Felt this needed sharing...
THE ONE FLAW IN WOMEN >By the time the Lord made woman, He was into his sixth day of working overtime. >An angel appeared and said, "Why are you spending so much time on this one?"And the Lord answered, "Have you seen my spec sheet on her? She has to be completely...
Views: 141   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 17, 2005 2:14pm
by Ed and Pat
Remember the Cleveland family in prayer
Trish and Ed's grandson, Jacob had to have gall bladder surgery today around 2:00. Remember them in your prayers. They have went through a lot in the past few years. Zona
Views: 138   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 17, 2005 1:45pm
by Ed and Pat
k
Karen
another neat Christmas site
Copy and paste into your browser.... http://jsmagic.net/emissary/
Views: 136   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 17, 2005 11:30am
by Karen
BTW
We were trying to figure out about the Marble City Grill....well, I just happened to notice one day this week...that is the name of the place that is going in at the location where Chit Chats was on Broadway....not much parking in front but quite a bit in the back.
Views: 124   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 16, 2005 2:29pm
by Marilyn
DOPE
ANYONE REMEMBER CALLING TRANSMISION AND DIFERENTIAL GREASE, DOPE? THAT WAS THE ONLY NAME WE KNEW FOR IT GROWING UP IN SYLACAUGA. WHEN WE MOVED DOWN HERE IN 61 I ASKED ONER TO TAKE THE CAR AND GET THE DOPE CHECKED IN IT. WRONG THING TO DO, THE SERVICE STATION ATTENDAN...
Views: 146   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 16, 2005 11:38am
by Horace Easterlin...
refresh our memory...
The question was asked again where exactly was the old Ritz Theatre? Didn't we decide it was about where the Library is sitting now?
Views: 134   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 16, 2005 5:38am
by Jimmy House
THIS HIT HOME
I was sent this email by a dear friend. It struck My heart in a good way. I hope You can gain something by the reading of it and the learning of its message. LATHAN SENT THIS TO ME, HE MIGHT HAVE BEEN AIMING FOR MY TOES, BUT IT HIT ME RIGHT IN THE HEART. MVB ES...
Views: 98   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 15, 2005 11:38pm
by E.S. & Zona
recipes
Peanut Butter Balls 1 lb. powdered confectioners sugar 2 cups peanut butter (I like creamy, but you can use crunchy) 1 stick butter 4-5 Tablespoons milk 3/4 stick parafin 1 bag chocolate chips Mix first 4 ingredients together, roll into small bite sized...
Views: 174   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 15, 2005 11:33pm
by Jimmy Holmes
tales from back when
sorry ears and buddy, i had to share this. we need more confessions like this on the forum. mvb es In a message dated 12/14/2005 5:55:37 PM Central Standard Time, marinebud01 writes: It was me that put the thumb tacks in Ma Deans chair in English class. I took 10...
Views: 156   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 15, 2005 11:11pm
by E.S. & Zona
Chicken Cheese Enchilada Soup
Jimmy, I sure would like to have your son's home made Chicken Cheese Enchilada Soup Recipe. I could cut down on the green chilies if it was too hot for me. I love all mexican recipes. Zona
Views: 128   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 15, 2005 9:08pm
by E.S. & Zona
recipes
Chocolate Coconut Balls 1 lb powdered confectioners sugar 1 teaspoon almond extract 1 cup mashed potatoes 1 lb coconut flakes 1 pkg chocolate chips 3/4 stick parafin Mix first 4 ingredients together well. Drop by teaspoonful onto cookie sheet and then form...
Views: 105   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 14, 2005 6:02pm
by E.S. & Zona
One more I just had to share
If I decorate my house perfectly with plaid bows, strands of twinkling lights and shiny balls, but do not show love to my family, or friends, I'm just another decorator. If I slave away in the kitchen, baking dozens of Christmas cookies, preparing gourmet meals...
Views: 132   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 14, 2005 3:44pm
by E.S. & Zona
Whatcha think?
Christmas vs. Holiday. It’s a debate we’re hearing a lot about these days. When Lowe’s officials placed signs outside their stores that read “Holiday Trees For Sale,” there was quite an uprising. It was such an uprising that Lowe̵...
Views: 148   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 14, 2005 11:47am
by E.S. & Zona
k
Karen
Today
Well, I hope everyone had a great and wonderful day. I've been dealing with blood sugars, hypertension, gunshot wounds, unmentionables, sniffles, coughs and headaches....and hopeful that all left feeling a little better, at least hopeful of better days. Was a prett...
Views: 129   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 13, 2005 11:29am
by Ivy
Moxa sticks
I found four Moxa sticks in my mail today.Did you send them Lathan? They look like Roman Candles and smell like hog crap.I smoked one and nothing happened.I drank a pint of vodka and I ran to Anniston and back.You all need to call Lathan,I know what keeps him feeling...
Views: 140   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 13, 2005 9:56am
by Jimmy Holmes
HI
HI ALL, IN BETWEEN MEDS AND FEEL SOME BETTER. THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS, THEY REALLY HELP. WILL WRITE MORE NEXT TIME. MVB ES
Views: 125   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 12, 2005 11:32pm
by E.S. & Zona
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LATHAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just wanted to wish my sweet nephew a special HAPPY BIRTHDAY today. I was only 3yrs old when my oldest sister Christine brought him into the world. I can still remember Mother taking me to the hospital to see the new baby. He always felt like a little brother to a...
Views: 139   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 11, 2005 11:45pm
by PAUL
k
Karen
anybody around?
Wow! ES gets incapacitated and the board gets really slow...Hope your doing okay, buddy. Need you back here. Chilly in Alabama these days. It was cold and rainy today. Going to hit a high of 46 tomorrow. Had a busy day at the clinic and was glad to get home to a h...
Views: 112   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 10, 2005 4:29pm
by Jan in NV
Update on E.S.
We got to the hospital at 6:00 this morning and everything was going great. They took E.S. into surgery and his heart rate went way up. They called the room and told me and said it might be tomorrow before they could set his arm. They called in his heart and his l...
Views: 122   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 10, 2005 4:15pm
by Jan in NV
Gary Howell
I just got a call to see if anyone had put an update about Gary on the connection...They said they heard he had had to have another procedure or something..As you see, nothing has been on here...Has anyone heard anything or know anyone to check with?
Views: 138   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 9, 2005 4:55pm
by Marilyn
ES's accident
ES is in the emergency room in Meridian, Miss. He fell at his home and broke his arm. Ed spoke to him and he said he fell through the kitchen door. It must be a bad break for him to know right off that it is broken. Will let you know when I talk to Zona how bad it...
Views: 184   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 8, 2005 9:36am
by E.S. & Zona
Hop Scotch
Just noticed this game mentioned in one of the post...brought to mind that I saw one drawn on the sidewalk by the little girl next door and it dawned on me that I had forgotten the object of the game....what were the ground (sidewalk) rules?
Views: 184   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 7, 2005 8:05pm
by Marilyn
Great Christmas Cookies!
Check these out: GREAT CHRISTMAS COOKIES
Views: 148   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 7, 2005 5:58pm
by E.S. & Zona
Waiting for a report....
Trish, have you heard anything yet? What can we do?
Views: 136   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 7, 2005 12:01am
by Ed and Pat
l
LLoyd
Comer Grad.
The death of Mildred Jeanette (Hickman) Ham is reported in to-day's Daily Home. She was a member of the first class to graduate at B. B. Comer in 1938.
Views: 167   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 6, 2005 7:00pm
by Horace Easterlin...
THANKSGIVING
WISH ALL A HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Views: 142   Replies: 22
Last Post: Dec 6, 2005 7:39am
by Lathan
Thought this was a 'must reat'.
Who Started Christmas ? Author Unknown A woman was Christmas shopping with her two children. After many hours of walking down row after row of toys and after hours of hearing both her children asking for everything they saw on those many shelves, she finally...
Views: 141   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 6, 2005 6:25am
by Marilyn
GOOD ONE
http://www.ronaldreagan.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/ubb/get_topic/f/9/t/001404.html
Views: 249   Replies: 16
Last Post: Dec 5, 2005 4:08pm
by Jimmy "Nice Guy"...
Disgusting!!!!
I hate it when I am standing in line at Wally Mart and nothing to do but read the head lines on all the tabloids. They really caught my interest today but didn't have time to read the details... Something about Regis giving it up... Chealse Clinton's big wedding...
Views: 176   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 5, 2005 7:47am
by Cubby
c
Cubby
WMLS
I also have a trivial moment experience that involved L.R. and WMLS. One night after L.R. had been hosting the music out at the White Midget, several suspicious individuals, yours truly included, went on one of those 'midnight rides with L.R.' We wound up over at B...
Views: 175   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 4, 2005 5:30pm
by Lathan
Energy!!!
We've been using the Moxi sticks Lathan sent us and I can't tell any difference yet but Oner's energy has kicked in and she says she hasn't had this much energy in years. We visited the Dr yesterday and her blood pressure was great, so it is not from high blood press...
Views: 134   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 3, 2005 6:35am
by Lathan
79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88