General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Slewfoot

FULL name: HENRY Braxton "Slewfoot" Horton. He doesn't like to be called "Braxton" or "Brack" anymore, but I have a special dispensation to call him "Slewfoot." LOL

To everybody else, he's "Henry."

Re: Re: Slewfoot

...or maybe Braxton HENRY...heck, I don't really remember, and it doesn't really matter!

Re: Re: Re: Slewfoot

I chatted with them at your reunion, Jimmy, and I was so embarassed that all I knew him by was "Slew foot". Sort of wanted to ask him when he got a name other than that. I do believe he told me he worked with some drum corps through the years, maybe instructing or something. His senior year was my first year in the band so I think I was surprised that he remembered me.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Slewfoot

That being the case, Marilyn, he PROBABLY either had a "thing" for you, or else he actually remembered you because of Patsy.

He certainly could have worked with some sort of drum corps on the side. I just don't remember his talking about that. The guy was/is very talented. He and I made it into the Acapella Choir in the ninth grade, which was a bit unusual at the time, and we were in The Four Mugs just after the Billy Todd era. Sang with Billy a few times on the side, too. Slew was a great "top tenor."

Re: Slewfoot

E. S. I thought you were nicknamed 'slewfoot'

Bobby

Naw, that was "Extra Slewfoot" (E.S.)

His foots pointed BACKWARDS...that's how he caught Oner --- faked 'er out!

Bobby, E.S. informed me that E.S. was his initials. A few of his nicknames were F.M. by the football players. Lathan called him E.A., his mother called him high pockets (she was proud of his height)one of my brothers called him easy s, at work he was called a lot of nicknames, heavy, undertaker, hollywood,& S.,girls softball team called him Mr. G and the grandkids call him G and G-man.
Zona