The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: First Sunday in Maryville that I could find my stuff...

Sounds like a wonderful service. I don't know a thing about Maryville but I sure didn't have in mind that it would have a church that large. From what we have experienced, it doesn't matter the size of the church,you'll have a group of about maybe 30 that you'll really "know". You may know the names of some of the others but there is a core group that will become "friends". Guess that is where small group activities play a part.
Glad you have options to check out. It will be interesting to see where the Lord lays on your heart to stay.....

I have to share that this church believes in following up on visitors. Several people gave us their telephone numbers if we had questions that they might be able to answer for us...that was meaningful to me because a new person does need to know some things. Haven't had to call anyone yet though. It is funny though...you do remember the names of the people that contact you and you will always appreciate that "first touch". Reminds me of the job Jabo and Judy Craddock have done for Mignon. My plans were to visit more churches but I think Ivy is so impressed with the outreach of this church...we may just zero in on it.

Re: Re: First Sunday in Maryville that I could find my stuff...

Sometimes you just "know" it is the right place. Happened one time to us the same way....had all intentions of visiting around but the Lord said "this is the one". So very nice when it happens that way.
After our move to the country, I kept waiting for the same indication with the churches we visited....which were many. It still hasn't happened.

Re: Re: Re: First Sunday in Maryville that I could find my stuff...

I just pray that The Lord will send me where he is working. He is working at FBC M'ville,TN.

Bro Ivy, It sounds like you and FBC M'Ville will be a perfect match. I am happy you have found a new church home and family. It doesn't ease the hole at MBC left by your (you and Marilyn)departure. I sure do miss ya'll.

Butch!!!

Well, what a pleasant surprise. Folks met my MBC SS teach, Butch Carden. We miss you folks so much, but
The Lord is busy here in Maryville. Say "hi'" to all for us. Welcome aboard.

Re: Butch!!!

Hi Butch!! Welcome to the forum!! Roll up your britches legs and dive in. MVB ES

Re: Re: Butch!!!

"Roll up your britches legs and dive in."

Har! Har! Har!

('Zit arrite f'I steal that'un afore Lathan do?)

Re: Re: Re: Butch!!!

Butch, keep us up with the news from Mignon Baptist. We always enjoy hearing from out friends that live in and around Sylacauga. There are so many of us away from home that it is just wonderful to hear a word or two of news....Pat and Ed Cleveland