The Broad are too broad to define
And of "Truth" until it proclaimed him a Liar --
The Truth never flaunted a Sign --

Simplicity fled from his counterfeit presence
As Gold the Pyrites would shun --
What confusion would cover the innocent Jesus
To meet so enabled a Man!"

- Emily Dickinson

(Sentiments subscribed to by Jimmy Holmes, an IMPERFECT man!)

Re: Shoot your Best Shot - I can take it

Well, at least you got Jimmy to laugh out loud. You know sometimes you can be a real pain in the butt with you broader than broad brush. You endless list of incongruities reminds me of another very funny guy named Gallagher, who asked, "Why do Americans park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?"

Frankly I think some of them were funny, some absurd and some downright stupid. But thanks for waking us up anyway. Fogey you are right on and I should pay more attention to what you said than what Lathan said.

Horace

Re: Re: Shoot your Best Shot - I can take it

Correct me if I'm right, but I agree with Old Fogey.

I looked up the word INCONGRUOUS and the dictionary said it was "...A place where Senators go to vote..."

Horace, WHEN, if EVER, are we going to learn that if you insist on STIRRING it, crap just KEEPS On stinking?

Re: Re: Re: Shoot your Best Shot - I can take it

I agree with Old Fogy and Ed, Sopping syrup HEH HEH HAR HAR. I voted democrat for years cause I was taught to by my Dad, then along came Ike, then Kennady, and Bush, Guess I voted for the man, not the party, but certainly not the woman!!! MVB ES

Horace, WHEN, if EVER, are we going to learn that if you insist on STIRRING it, crap just KEEPS On stinking?

I thought Jimmy was a former English teacher. Bad, bad grammar. I really wish he would stay out of these conversations where only MEN particpate. He isn't qualified and only succeeds in embarrassing himself

Re: Re: Re: Re: Shoot your Best Shot - I can take it

Lathan,I never knew you was a man.I always though you was a three foot tall, one hundred and twenty pound shrimp.We still love you even though you are the only dumbacrat in the South. ED

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Shoot your Best Shot - I can take it

You GOD, Ed --- I'll leave the "proper English" to you!

Har! Har! Har!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Shoot your Best Shot - I can take it

Wups! Make that "You GO" --- sorry, don't want to build you up TOO much!

So I used a BROAD brush......... how wide was the one you used in your long list about republicans? Narrow, I guess you would claim. I have never voted a straight ticket (except in restricted primaries). I was just trying to draw a line in the sand and that line would move me opposite all the die hard liberals who now represent the mainstream democrats. I think the democratic platform (if they could ever agree on one) would include a stong stand against the war on terror and certainly a stong pro abortion/pro choice message. Those two issues were the extent of my brush width and I don't think many democrats fall outside my understanding of their thinking on these two issues. There are other issues that separate me from most democrats (liberals) like same-sex marriage (or gay rights), civil rights (segregation/integration) civil liberties, the right to privacy, gun control, and so on. Generally, I am a quiet person who doesn't like confrontation or debate. I don't write letters to the editor and such and I am not outspoken on anything. Here on this forum, I am merely sharing some of my feelings with friends. I don't have any hidden agenda or axe to grind, just sharing.

None of this has anything to do with our freindship for one another. Politics ain't what brung us this far and it ain't likely to separate us.

Purv

None of this has anything to do with our freindship for one another. Politics ain't what brung us this far and it ain't likely to separate us.

The above is totally true. I got mine from an email. I didn't read all of it and didn't understand the other part. If you made up all of what you wrote I may have to read it in sections (my mind can't retain but about two sentences at a time). It took me a long time to figure out what party was liberal and what party was conservative and which was 'left' and which was 'right'...Have you heard the Johnny Cash song called THE ONE ON THE LEFT? If not, you gotta get a copy
I see you put Bettye's name at the top. Does she go along with any of this?

Wow! That says a lot for your own son Coker (does he still live in the south? I'd hate to know that my own Dad called me a Dumbocrat.) Me and Coker may be the only two "real" men in our family who know and understand politics. We had a long talk the other day and he forgives you going 'astray' and becoming a Republican. He said that you thought they gave away free beer for becoming a Republican.

One night I was walking down a dark alley at the end of the alley I saw a "Real BAD" Man coming toward me and I was scared half to death. It took me a minute to realize I was looking in a mirror.

BTW, I'm really three foot and two inches tall and I scare myself so bad sometimes that I have to sleep with a light on

Till death do we part....... me and my Bettye agree on everything...... at least that is what she told me to say....... LOL

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Shoot your Best Shot - I can take it

I agree with Bobby, Bettye, Fogey and Ed. As I said at the beginning of the forum. If you can't stand the heat etc. On thing's fer sure, Our silent majority is getting plenty of reading material. Keep the ball rolling, No matter who wins. I just might agree with everybody. Fence stradddler MVB ES

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Shoot your Best Shot - I can take it

Like I said, I can take anything being dished out. I'm just not a glutton for the punishment President Cheney and his little "Heh! Heh!" Texas Woodcutter Buddy Bubba has been dishing out the past six years.

Oh well, I guess with a 36% Approval Rating for this administration, at least we're getting to hear from some of the people who are making up that 36%.
To quote Bob Dylan, "It Ain't Me Babe..."

Hang in there with Dick & Bubba and you may get a free gallon of gas next year. Har! Har!

ES,
Be sure to watch out for splinters while you're straddling that fence -

Just for the record there is only one democrat that I trust and he just got defeated in his bid for re-election to the United States Senate. Lathan mentioned this Honorable man in his original post. I think Joe Liberman is should run for President and not with that wimp from Tennessee. What is it with Tennessee...as far as I can see and remember they've only had one man deserving of public office in the last 40 years. His name is Howard Baker.

Horace

Horace,
Your perception is - in my opion - 100% accurate. Leiberman reminds me some of Senator Everette Dierkson (sp). Now there was a tough old Geezer...

Right and Howard Baker was his son-in-law.

Horace

SHOOT YOUR BEST SHOT has had 28 posts. I wonder what the record is. I remember one that ES started awhile back that had a bunch more than this one. Just wondering...

Lathan, your comment about floating logs in Walco Lake went on for several days. Have a good one.
Mike