The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Class of 56 and 57(Friday nite)

Had a great crowd at the Oak Grove Community Center tonight. Can't say how many came but do know that the place was packed. I got to talk to Gary some and he said he was doing okay now, working out some at the gym and feeling lots better. He said he really appreciated all the prayers and I told him we appreciated his daughters keeping us informed like they did. Gerald Foster came from Texas and my Ed was really thrilled. I looked over one time to see 5 of the great 56 team all huddled together. Now they didn't look like they could have suited up but I bet they were reliving some good ole memories. The ladies all looked adorable. Seems like they are getting younger looking instead of older, wonder if they have found a way to reverse the system of age. We are both looking forward to the dinner at the Country Club. It was so worth the drive. I will give you a run down again tomorrow night. Take care......Trish and Ed

Re: Class of 56 and 57(Saturday Nite)

We were blessed to have 82 of our classmates at the Country Club for dinner last night. The food was delicious. A nice salad bar, beef, chicken & ham with lots of vegs. A beautiful cake was decorated for the 1956's 50th reunion and it was as good as it looked. We were served like royality. The committee really did a wonderful job. We had a wonderful time reliving our school days. We plan to have a 50th for the class of 57 next year and the class of 56 will be included. Billy Joe Hattaway will head that committee so if you know of anyone from that class be sure to tell them to get in touch with him or some of us. Twelve Hundred was donated to the school in memory of the classmates that have passed on to be with our Lord. Several of our classmates have already lost their spouse so if you still have yours, like I have mine, hug them up a little closer and thank God for them. I think Arizona and Montana were the farthest States that were represented. Gerald Foster gave Ed a collage of pictures with Ed, Gerald and Bobby Hudgins in it. It has been professionally framed and will really look good in his computer room with all his other treasures. It was really a big surprise for Ed and left him speechless. Hope all of you have a wonderful Sunday. After two days of running that highway between Anniston and Sylacauga, Ed and I will be staying in and taking lots of naps.......Trish & Ed