General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Pass it around

Sue, it is good to have you young folks...You were but a babe in arms when I was in school since I graduated in '56. Isn't it funny how when we get older, age difference is so un-important...not sure what age that all starts happening. That was a rude awakening to me when I enjoyed adults, when I moved back to Mignon, that I had kept in the nursery at church before I left. Many of my mom's students did not remember me as having gone to school at Comer but recogonized me because they saw the resemblance of me and my mom. As long as she taught, she kept us posted on her students - weddings, deaths, births etc. so it was fun meeting these people. Now that we are gone again, I will follow Sylacauga news on the connection...Isn't it fun??? Add the news as you hear it....

Re: Re: Re: Pass it around

I like BoBo Milner's explanation of when he thinks he started to enjoy 'adults.' Bobo said, "I think it was when I was turning 32 and realized I had lost the urge to circle the Dairy Queen..."

Re: Re: Re: Re: Pass it around

I still haven't lost that urge at 57 an one-half. Hope I never do. I enjoy adults as well as yunguns too.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pass it around

I still circle the D.Q. at least once a month. Keeps you young. Now have to circle it backwards. 'Course after some of the trips to B'ham to stock up some folks circled it backwards back when we were really young.
Mike

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pass it around

What do you mean backwards? Turning back time or do they have it going the wrong way now?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pass it around

Sue, you may be onto something. Back around to turn back time. May have to try that. Actually I was remembering how we always came up Ft. Williams, turned left into the D.Q. parking lot and circled from left to right. Then out onto Western Ave. to the stop sign. Do a burn-out and back down Ft. Williams. You can still turn in where we always did but must circle right to left because of the drive-in window. Of course back then if we wanted to do something backwards we could always circle the Frosty with the Aggies.
MVB Mike PS. Not goofing off, on lunch break.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pass it around

'65&'66 of both schools were fairly equal opportunity. We made figure eights equally. Mr. McCaa, owner of Frosty supported both schools. I worked there for a day as a fund raiser for annual staff - did I ever have fun and pig out. Considered it might be a career choice.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pass it around

How come the girls always got the good workday jobs? My first workday I was sent to Steen's Wrecker and was told to clean out a ten foot walkway outside their fence. Told them I did not think I could get a lawn mower in there. They handed me a sling blade. Lond day. However, the Steens were great people and still are. Was joking about hanging out at the Frosty with the Aggies. Our class ('63) actually made a lot of those figure eights also. In fact, after I graduated and before going into the Navy I hung out there a lot with some of the Aggies and still consider them friends today. Seems funny going to Sylacauga ball games and seeing so many players, cheerleaders and band members that are childern or grandchildern of Comer kids we went to school with. As great as the Mill Village was for growing up guess most of us had dreams of getting away.
Mike

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pass it around

I never wanted to leave. Wanted to go to Jacksonville State with most of Sylacauga but parents insist I go to Troy 'cause they had live in Dothan since '60 and either let me sleep around or rented me a place to live with my grandmother. I tried Dothan for 6mos. in ninth grade and hated it. Would love to go back, it is still a great place to raise kids but I have no idea what they might have to offer seniors. We could rebuild a White Midget? I missed that one. We could put it more easily accessible than any thing on Ft. Williams.The activities - well lets see. Jump in here.

Thanks Marilyn who? It is so nice to be considered a yungun by anyone All things are relative, I suppose.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Pass it around

I am Marilyn McCulley Clifton...sorry I didnot identify myself...you were several years younger but knew you all when I saw you.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pass it around

Who did you marry? Related to Susan Clifton? If so how is she?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pass it around

That is a cousin of Ivy's. She lives in Mississippi I do beleive and as far as I know, she is doing well.

Re: Re: Pass it around

Sue, Joey didn't pass away. He was at our family reunion last year with Priscilla.

Sue, Coot king and Joe neal Roper passed away a few years back from cancer. MVB ES