General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Remember??

Mickey says he remembers them all and it really brought back memories to him.

Bulger's sat on that little row of buildings that faced the CofG RR tracks short in the corner where the L&N crossed CofG. Hook and Donnie's dad ran it. That man was a magician. I saw him take one of those medium high heels that the more elderly ladies sported rip the entire sole off, turn the shoe inside out, replace the lining and sew on a new insole before truning it back the proper way and putting on a new full leather sole and a new heel. He put that show on for daddy one day when I was there getting my neolite's restitched. Things were slow and daddy spotted one of those shoes inside out lying on the counter. Daddy asked, "what in the world happened to that?" Mr. Manuel didn't have much else to do and began working on it's mate and explained each step meticulously.

Hook told me the last time I saw him that while he was stationed in Washington State during the war that he spent all of his off duty hours working in shoe repair shop....like father, like son..

Horace

Oh I almost forgot, Doc Workman ran a pseudo variety store on Scrouge Alley. I think most of his income came from the ever present clickey clack of the dominoes being shuffled and laid down in the back room. A gambling parlor? Well how should I know? If he saw you peeking through the doorway he would in a word, buy supin or git out.

Horace