The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Birmingham News retro Prom photos....

I don't think so. The place has been boarded up for several years now. It would be interesting to go by there and see if any of the rope is still attached to the tree...however, I doubt that, too...

It would almost be worth it to put a new rope swing up and try it just one more time....thanks for the idea.

By the way, you might have to copy and paste the URL to get to the sight...or try logging on to Al.com

Cubby,I'll meet you there with a new rope..just saw when!

AND,I'll bring a ladder. Then we should alert The Daily Home to come and make photos of the historic swing of the ages!

"JUST SAY WHEN"..no saw needed.

BTW..I'll be driving an old green Dodge Truck..or a green pontiac,or a green Olds.

Not a bad idea...I could get Bob Green, the DJ, to come by and mention it on his radio show...hmmmmm

I think we have a plan! Let's put the Mignon Reunion on the map AGAIN!! Talk about nostalgia!

How many of you attending the Mignon Reunion would show up Sat. afternoon for a photo shoot of the Classic Dye Ditch Swing on Virginia Ave?? Swinging is optional. Please say YES!!

Horace Easterling and Jack Walker will help me with the ladder and then they will "SWING". It'll be worth the price of admission!

I'd better not try swinging this year the cheer leaders standing beneath might get wet, and not from falling into Shirtee Creek/Dye Ditch. If you can't figure it out just ask Jack he will probably understand.

Horace

Cubby,

Waymon looks like the identical twin of our friend Paul Masters when he was that age. I barely remember Waymon, he was that much older than me, but I do remember Paul looking very much like that. You should see us now!

I met Waymon at my uncle's house in Oak Grove,many years ago. I thought the kid was tongue-tied or retarded. He said his name was "WAYMON"..I thought his name was Raymond..never heard of anyone named Waymon. I tried,in vain,to correct him.

HORACE....... YOU CAN BET I UNDERSTAND!! IT WON'T BE ANY DYE DITCH WATER THEY GET SPLASHED WITH.. AND YES DON, YOU GET IT TOGETHER AND YOU CAN BET I'LL BE THERE. I LOVE THE IDEA.