The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Happy Mother's Day!!!

I do hope that this Mother's Day is special for all my female Mignon Buddies!!!

Re: Happy Mother's Day!!!

Thank you, Marilyn. It has been a good day even though haven't felt well. I hope that your day is good.

I had a wonderful day; Visit from Libby and Sarah,call from my baby sister, Vickie, lunch with Paul and Janice, visit with Ken, Becky and girls, call from Jon and a surprise call from one of my "Cardwell Corner" folks, James Horton. God is good. I am so blessed.

Happy late Mothers day to all ladies. Had a wonderful one. Hope everyone elso did also.

Glad every one had a good celebration. I think I have told you all...that is the one day a year that I get on a "pity party". All my girls with their families and Ivy doesn't do celebrate... I did enjoy my little old ladies in Sunday School and their bright sweet faces then the rest of the day was my daily routine. Now that that is behind me...I am good for another year.

Actually, Marilyn, I was real upbeat in my first post, but I too had a pity-party because of the three who weren't here. Mother's Day is really harder than even Christmas. So let's wail together *********

I don't do pity on Father's Day..just kinda angry.

It seems to me..some one said,look how much money we make on Mothers Day,let's start Fathers Day,too.

Abolish Fathers Day and kids won't feel obligated to visit,buy gifts or say nice things. When they do visit,buy gifts or say nice things..it will be from the heart and not because they are following the crowd
or don't want to hurt Mom or Dad's feelings!

Also,we can then just pick our pitty day,any day we choose.

Now,birthdays are a different thing..they should be celebrated in some way and if someone forgets yours..they should be given a hotter seat in hell...right up close to the fire!

My girls didn't get to come either. Had Scott and oldest Grandson. His wife and youngest son flew to Lakeland, Fl. to surprise her Moom. She only gets to go once a year, so was so thanful she got to make the trip. Will get to see the girls Tuesday when our Granddaughter graduates from High School in Gardendale, Al. She is no. 4 in her class. Proud Nana. Going to Bama.

Oh, Charlotte, I am so happy for all of you and how exciting this must be. I believe this is Heather that you are speaking of and she is such a beautiful person. I saw her picture on Face Book and then zip, it was gone before I got a chance to write.

Congratulate her for us and tell her that maybe she will meet Tyler and they can become friends.

Love you and be careful on your trip. There are some really crazy folks in Birmingham not speaking of Gardendale.

Lois, thanks for all the nice thing you said about Heather. Go to my facebook page and there may still be some of the Jr. Sr. night. They don't have a prom, just a dinner somewhere really nice.

We do have to go downtown B'ham to get to where Sharon lives, we get off-59 just pass the Civic Center and go out old hwy 78 to Adamsville. But hopefully we will have a chance to go downtown and see the new Children's Hospital. Sharon says it is beautiful, expecially at night, It is all glass and they have different colors shinning on it at night. They will move in The first part of August, I think.

I will get the infor on Tyler when they get settled in. I t would be good to know someone who has a year behind the.