General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Just looked in the mirror

Gee, thanks Cuz. Don, they would first shoot the "don't care" shot in there, wait for it to do it's do, then slice out a layer, take it out to test if that was all, then repeat, not one more time but two more times. Then the Doc came in and said he and three other staff members had agreed that it was 80% gone. Needless to say, I said that that was not what I wanted; I wanted 100%, so I went through the routine again. Then came the shot, needle and thread then I was kicked out because their quiting time was 5:00. I was not prepared for all of this; the rest of my bumps were removed in the office.

I feel your pain, Shirley. To date I've had 11 of the procedures that you describe, MOHS surgery. I am currently awaiting the results of 5 biopsies, taken on the 10th. The Doc accuses me of trying to escape Panama City, a slice at a time!

I now regret the baby oil/iodine that I slathered on myself while hanging out in the sun all day!

Take care,
Chuck

Yea Chuck I had to have that MOHs thing a couple of years ago, had a melanoma on my cheek but they did a Slow MOHS job, no kidding. He the root system in melanoma is so tiny that they make a cut that fits the parameters generally, put in a dye for 24 hours then look at and go back for more if necessay. Fortunately my dermatologist elected not to do it himself and sent to a more specialized guy who got it all the first time. Just before he started to cut I threw him into a tizzy...my nose started itching and nobody told me not to scratch...he had to start the sterilizing routine all over, he wasn't happy...but it turned out well.

Horace