General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 50 Georgia Ave

Dean, didn't you live on Georgia? Barry's house was 44 Tennessee if I remember correctly, so, would #50 have been on the Scrouge Alley side of your house or on the Twin Street side?

KC

Kay, you aren't speaking to me, but in counting these addresses, I lived at 47 Tennessee and 48 Georgia would have been Nick Matherison and 49 the Sprayberry's and 50 the Armstrongs. The numbering went down the street not to the left toward Scourge Alley. Of course, this is definitely my memory in living there all my life.

Lois, quite honestly, I don't have a clue who lived where ... all I remember is that my boyfriend, Barry Smith, lived at 44 Tennessee (I think) and the Pike's lived at about that same place but on the next street over, toward the mill ... I don't know if that was Georgia or not. Barry's house is where Pok'n'beef is located now and Blois lives in Barry's old house now. I didn't live in the village, I lived at 105 E. Ft. Williams, one house off of Main Avenue, but please, don't kick me out of the MVB's just 'cause I lived "up-town".

KC

Definitely not. You are one of us regardless. Yes, Barry lived on Tennessee and so did I. It is always so good to see him. A great guy.

Dean, thanks. You are correct and she is such a sweet person. I just forgot her name for I haven't seen her in some time, but they came to our church some. Gerald is a Deacon in the church, but they went back to The Freewill Church (new one on 280). Louise's husband works at the Clinic in the Lab.

You are absolutely correct and Donnie died young. They had one son but I don't know anything about him. I do know that his wife remarried and worked at Avondale for awhile for Jan.

I, too, believe that is the correct address for the Armstrong family (50 Georgia AVE)...home of Robert and Ethel Armstrong...children Gerald, Louise, Donnie - who passed away young with Leukemia...