General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sorry I'm Not Qualifed To Converse About Old Age or Tomatoes

Hate to insult anyone but I thought anyone that writes on this board would probably be an authority of both topics.

Waydago Marilyn! But you know he's just being modest about tomatoes and in denial about old age.

Horace

1954..looking ahead..I become an expert on old age and tomatoes!! No way..I "Hitched My Wagon To A Star".

However,my wagon was side tracked by old age and an obsession with planting tomatoes..turns out the tomatoes cost $6.57 each..if you count production cost..more if you include the labor.

Don't even get me started on getting up nights going to the bathroom,I'm glad it's not outside anymore.

I look at my watch when I get up during the night to see if it is correct. If it is 2:34 a.m.,my watch has the right time.

Also,I got to thinking..I once used Brylcreem on my hair..now I use a wash cloth.

I wonder how far away I am from being an "expert".

My new slogan might be: "It's better to be old than to just look old".

Don, do a little more research on fish bait and wild honey and you will be there, my country boy friend.

Fire flies are two weeks early in the Smoky Mountains this year.

H.B.

What is your record catch for fire flys (Lighting Bugs)? How many could you put in a quart fruit jar?

They also looked great if you ripped their behind off and placed a number of them on your finger nails.

Was it Jim Holmes that used to stick them on his eye lids?

Just as many as it would hold but never counted them.

...and other, more interesting places, too.

BTW, Stepins, ride on up to Durand and drop in on my old Air Force roommate, Vern Pinkowski. He's in the book. Just tell him you know Jimmy Holmes and he'll treat you like family. 'Course his family was a mix of Hatfields and Coys or McCoys or something like that there.

FOR THOSE WHO MAY BE OFFENDED BY THIS POST...
Just trying to get a "rise" out of anyone who doesn't want to talk about the state of our union. It's easy to turn our heads and say, "Give me peace in my day" but our children - as well as our grandchildren - will certainly live to pay a very steep, extreme price for our Lethargic Attitudes - We can make a difference Now

VOTE! VOTE! VOTE CONSERVATIVE! AND TAKE A CLUE FROM THE THE CHICAGO PARTY AND VOTE AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND BE SURE TO BRING YOUR GREAT GRANDFATHER TO THE POLLS.

HORACE

There may well be more than usual Democratic absentee ballots cast. Urge local Republican party leaders to pay close attention to the process.

Bet a lot of those absentee ballots may be a little singed and smell of sulfur.

Horace