The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rebel Football & GOD

When we had the AMERICAN REBEL Semi-Pro Football Team in the mid-sixties in Pennington, Alabama which was sponsored by the American Can Company Paper Mill in Choctaw County Alabama - Some of my fondest Memories was before each game was when we would 'pile' up on one another and say THE LORD'S PRAYER.

There was a Special Camaraderie between a bunch of Football players from 19 years of age to 40 years of age which is very hard to explain. It was a very magical moment when our minds were in a special place and everything seemed right with the world. Paul Glosson and Ed Cleveland can attest to this.

Many times, after the prayer, some of those - mine also - backwoodsmen would be 'teary-eyed' and for a split-second you could see that they/we had made a special contact with Our Heavenly Father and for anyone to have shared that moment you would realize that it could never, ever be taken away from us.

I often wonder if people/lawmakers in congress who want the Bible and GOD taken out of our everyday dealings with issues of the world could experience a moment like that - what a different place this World could be.

It makes me sad that they couldn't have shared a moment like that with us. I feel Blessed, Lucky and almost Detached, that for a brief moment a bunch of "Good 'Old Boys" piled up on one another in a wet grassy field on many special Saturday Nights and swore to one another in silence that - in a Short Prayer - we actually reached out and Touched the Face of GOD - A True, True Story

Re: Rebel Football & GOD

Very good #11. Thanks for sharing that with us. Have a good day of Worship.