General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Boiled Roas'nears....

As a kid I loved'em...can't eat'em now..1)Don't like getting all that stuff between these old teeth...2)I have a full length crown on a lower incisor and I don't trust it with whole apples, pears or roas'nears. Costs too much to get it fixed.

Horace

Oh, well, see, I still got ALL of my own teeth (I paid a small fortune for over half of 'em, so they're dang-sure mine!) and I can chomp apples and gnaw on corncobs just like I could when I was still a kid. And since I flat-out can't GET decent fried corn anymore, I do love boiled corn. Sometimes, such as right now, when the roas'nears are in the grocery store every day fresh from the fields, I just make a meal out of 'em. The other day, I boiled six ears and just left 'em in the pot, going back every once in a while all day LONG, like an old mountain lion to a kill. Finished 'em all off, too....and one really GREAT benefit is when I do that, I do NOT need any stool softeners.

LOL LOL LOL, etc.

As the old country song goes, "One had bushel, one had a peck, and one had a roas'near tied around his neck. I'm on my way, I'm goin' back to Alabam!"

Actually I still eat them but I take the precaution of cutting the kernals off the cob and slathering it with loads of salt and butter, then listen to my wife saying that salt is gonna kill you...her blood pressure runs around hig 150's over 70, mine is consistnetly 130 over mid 60's...go figure.

Horace

Best way I've found is to stab the big end with a "fark," as my Squarehead Texican wife says it, then sprinkle on a couple teaspoons of salt, then open one end of a stick of butter and rub it up and down the roas'near 'til it runs off the other end.

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!