General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Punch'em out

Country music is all about reality! Somebody had to get shot and they already had enough drunks to finish the song! Now comes the jail part. Watch for a mom to show up and beg the court for mercy.

BTW: Miss Dixie Hall did a daily,live broadcast from WAGG,Franklin,Tn. when I worked there.

Marty Robbins fished in a pond down the lane from the station while Carl Smith bailed hay on the other side of the highway. Always seemed like Marty had the better deal,but he didn't have Goldie Hill.

Marty was/is one of my all-time favorite singers and performers. He was only 5'3" tall but looked like a giant on stage.

Our son 'Hud' used to race Ronnie Robbins Cigar Boat on Percy Priest Lake in Hermitage, Tennessee - Ronnie is Marty's son - Ronnie's Mom wouldn't let him race the boat but our son was/is a Daredevil and won some trophys for Ronnie.

Those boats would capsize and it looked like a Triangle sticking out of the water when they sunk. After each race they'd pull three or four boats out of the water that had sunk

My favorite memory of Marty was in the Garage area of Talladega Super Speedway. He stood there flat-footed and performed "El Paso City" into my tape recorder..and like a fool,I don't have it anymore.

They still call you "Dummy Don," or is that just what you call yourself?

"There you go,AGAIN"!