The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Don "Ricky" Tankersley

For those of you who don't know yet, Don "Ricky" Tankersley died today. He was a close close precious friend of Chuck Jones so please remember both of them in your thoughts and prayers. If you will remember, years and years ago, Ricky was the "little lost boy" who was found by Mrs. Teel, the well known fortune teller from Millerville. This is the obit, written by Chuck Jones, for Don, that should appear in tomorrow's paper. He will have a graveside service only, Saturday at 2:00PM, at Evergreen Cemetery in Sylacauga.

"Ricky Don Tankersley was born July 5th 1946 in Sylacauga and died June 28th 2012 at Coosa Valley Medical Center, Sylacauga. He was preceded in death by his parents
Luther C. "Pie" Tankersley and Rosa Lee Tankersley and his brother Billy Carl Tankersley. He is survived by a nephew, Thomas Pye Tankersley, and great-neices.
Don was an Army, Viet Nam era veteran, and a 1964 graduate of BB Comer. He attended The Brooks Institute of Photography in Santa Barbara, CA and taught computer technology and photography at Childersburg Community College. Don and a friend once rode bicycles from the Maine coast to the Pacific coast in California. Don was an animal lover who never met a stranger and his infectious smile and warm personality was the bright spot in any surrounding. He has now gone to be with his family and pets. A special thanks goes to the nurses and staff at Coosa Valley who provided
care and attention through his last days. He will be sorely missed by those left to mourn his loss."

Re: Don "Ricky" Tankersley

And a BIG Thank you to his best friend since high school, Chuck Jones.

His brother, Billy, was a close and dear friend in high school. Saw him one time after school. I walked up to serve an Navy Officer at the "O" club on a military base near Jax State. "May I service you a drink Sir". Just the way I had been taught to do. Yes you May no 22. Just like an officer and a Gentleman.
Seeing his wings I pointed and said, Sir you had to work for those. Is that where you have been?
I worked harder than any thing Coker Barton ever dished out.
Good man that died very young. Does anyone know the cause of his death? Billy, I'm speaking of, "Ricky's brother.

In the Statement about Coker Barton, please make that read "dashed".
Close to lunch. Catfish On a Dish.