General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Happy Birthday Jimmy

Fogey, I enjoyed your post...although you have about 10 years on me..you just about said ia all for just about all of us...we still have a few chicks around but we all need to make the most of everyday. This is a good part of my days...don't write something everyday but I do check it out at least once every day and I get a lift out of it every time I do.

Horace

I love being able to wish friends Happy Birthday on the connection because even though I have a stack of cards, I always forget to get them in the mail. I hate, in a way, that we have gotten away from mailing cards to people....I guess the cost of stamps have caused a lot of this. This is an excuse I understand that people use for not writing thank you notes also...now I do not buy in to that.
Our church is so thoughtful...people will send Ivy cards if he misses more than a couple of Sundays. Gives you the feeling that they care.
Let's just keep on, keeping on, with our getting in contact with folks on the connection.

Happy birthday to the cantankerson old caucasian...you are still loved even if you have wet draws!!

Therson, You said it all in a "nutshell". Thanks,always for your insight. I do wish you could share more of your war,post war experiences..I think they would mean much to many of us!

Theron, I do appreciate your remembering my birthday. This certainly is turning out to be a special one. My baby girl got me some special stuff, one of my sons is within fifty miles or so now, on his way from New Mexico, and the other son will be here next week. Right now, my girls and Neighbor Jo Ann are in the kitchen building a terrific supper of cheese enchiladas, beans and all the good stuff that I especially like. Now if I just had a plateful of fried corn, I'd think I was in Heaven already. Thank you again for your thoughtfulness, and I hope you and I stick around so we can have this same sort of conversation next year and for years afterward. God bless!
Jimmy