General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: To MBV Sport Fans

I know the church. I just don't know the credentials for David Platt..nor,how he speaks to people that makes a change in ther life.

Ivy, I am really not the one you should ask about the study; I don't express myself real well, but here goes.
During the study, you are forced to look yourself straight in the face and see yourself completely. "Am I serving the Lord as I should, or am I just sailing along?" "Would I really be convicted enough to sell my home and move to the rough area in order to witness to the less fortunate?" "Do I think of others at all, or am I blinded to their needs?" etc. During our study, an elderly man had a heart attack and was visited by one of our leaders. During the conversation, the patient started crying because he felt he could not take care of his wife and daughter as well as he should because he did not even have transportation. The visitor gave him a vehicle that he had just put on the market. No second thoughts. There were many stories like that.
Now, everything will not be rosy during the study; some people will drop out of church for various reasons. But, some will grow in ways you can not imagine. I pray you will be changed as I was.

Sounds like something that is needed!