General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Louise Christmas

... and I am so glad that her family posted HER life, and who SHE was ... I hate those obits that say nothing but things like "She was known to everyone as Granny and she loved working in her garden and playing with her grandkids" !!

KC

I never knew her but she was one super lady. An interesting note...her husband followed Brother J.T. Tolar at Mignon and both eventually ended up at West End Baptist Church in Clanton.

Horace

Horace, this message may end up posted twice...not sure what happened to the first one. I am so glad you posted this bit of history about Bro. Tolar. Do you know if any of the family are still in the Clanton area?

I doubt it....when they left Clanton they went to California. They were in Santa Rosa, the the Long Beach area. They kept in touch with my parents for a long time. I think Bro. Tolar passed away in California.

Once when I was travelling and working in CA I tried to find them. I checked the phone book and found a Rev. J.T. Tolar in Long Beach. Excited, I called the number...a lady answered and I asked if she were Mrs. Tolar...she said yes...and I proceede to tell her who I was and she soon stopped me and said I think you have the wrong number I AM the Rev. J.T. Tolar...gulp, gulp..I guess you are correct mam forgive me. "That's all right", she said.

Horace

Truly, one tireless work for our Lord.

Blessings and peacefulness to all her family and friends.

I always loved the name. I'm sure I would have loved the people, had I known them. RIP, Mrs. Christmas.

The daughters name was Joy Carol.