The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
???????!

Why oh why does the news media feel it necessary to inform us that the late Astronaut Sally Ride had admitted to being a lesbian? Is that fact important to anyone now that she is gone? I am sorry that such was the case but is it NEWSWORTHY now or EVER?

Horace

Re: ???????!

Horace, I was going to give you my answer to that question, but I have decided to wait for a more definitive answer from a much better qualified member. I know for sure and certain that I am not qualified to throw stones.

RIP, Sally Ride. Thank you for your service!

Jimmy, This is from a non-qualified "ersatz" member but to add to my Cuz's comment, I also think "not newsworthy" Horace. But you gotta' admit, it was news nontheless. She didn't "come-out" until her obit! Sources that I read say she never mentioned the fact in public before death, although her sister is an acknowledged "gay minister".

And yes Ivy, you could say this pertains to the "Open"!

As my friend says, Har! Har! Har!

Chuck, re: your 3 Hars, I must say I'm surprised you don't read the leader board.

Sorry Ivy. I don't know where to find nor how to interpret a "leader" board. I'm a great fan of any sport that has a ball, as long as it's NOT round!

I have enough spare time in my life for football, mostly college football, and mostly SEC college football, so there's very little time for other than SEC college football and almost none for other sports.

I will follow and enjoy the summer olympic games, but that's mainly because of national pride and the fact that I lived in England for 12 years.

GO TEAM USA!

I'm not talking about throwing stones...I just think it was crazy to bring it up. I wasn't aware that it was not public knowledge prior to her death although they said she "revealed that she was gay". I suppose that could have meant that she was just a happy person. Seriously though, not knowing how or when SHE "revealed" it we are left in the dark...and as far as I am concerned that is where we belong in THIS case. I didn't need to know it and I for the life of me cannot figure out who else might need to know....EXCEPT that certain group of people with their agenda and want to use her notiriety for their own selfish reasons. I probably shouldn't have brought it up.

H

There was absolutely nothing wrong with your bringing it up, and I just want it understood that I agree with you.

Gotcha Jim

Horace

Good deal. Take care.