The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What we have been doing

Check your email.

DON'T WAIT TILL I WISH I HAD, I DID AND AM SORRY.
Either my mom did'nt know or couldn't remember where her parents were burried. After mom had passed away it took 2 phone calls and a trip through Alex City while on our way to somewhere else. Found their graves. No marker on his grave but one on my grandmothers. After the tears stopped we set out to clean it up. It was covered in mold and mildew and could hardly be read. We had some cokes in the car and my wife's hair brush. Did a pretty good job of cleaning. Went to a grocery store and returned with a couple of jugs of bleach to finish the job. Not only did we find the graves but also the correct spelling of my grandmothers maiden name. Mom always said Lightsey. Correct was Litsey.

On one of my trips I made to my Mississippi home, I took pictures of all the family plots I could find. The pictures turned out real good; I could read all the info for grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles and cousins. I hope my children will appreciate their ancestry.

Big House, I hope you got a big house --- you gonna need help eating all that corn!