General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: NoMoBamaAppleButter

I tried here, but none available within 50 miles of PC. Just didn't reply with that "No Info". Sorry, I'll keep looking.

Take care,
Chuck

Only a suggestion. Buy you a box of the new crop of apples and let MMC send you her recipe for Crock Pot Apple Butter.
We did that last fall and enjoyed it very much...

I appreciate the trying and the suggestions. Problem here is with cooking....my wife can't do much of that anymore and I never have and never wanted to, either. We've decided to try everything available at our local grocery and Walmart and the Sun Harvest store. We've already tried and ruled out Musselmann's and that from Cracker Barrel. If nothing else, I'm going to buy one of almost everything they have on Amazon....if I can afford it. LOL

But, thanks to all who either tried or thought about it.

Marilyn would you send me that crockpot applebutter recipe, please?

horace

hjeaterling@comporium.net

A couple of thihgs I have thought of one being that we go every year to Elijay Ga. which is Apple country. They have some of the best Apple Butter we have tasted. You can google Merciers Apple Orchard and find all of their products. This is a great place to shop for fried pies, jams. jelies, cider, you name it they have and will ship to you.
Charlotte has a recipe for Apple Butter I will pass along.
Crockpot Apple Butter
5 qts. finely chopped apples of choice
4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
4 cups sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
Fill a 5 quart crockpot heaping full with apples. Drizzle remaining ingredients over apples. Cover-lid may not close all the way at first. Began cooking on high for 1 hour, then lower heat to low and cook all day or night, until thick and dark stirring occasionally. Place in jars and seal or you may put in freezer containers. May use equal amounts of Splenda instead of the sugar. Can cool on high for 4-6 hrs, but best if cooked longer.

Horace, that is the recipe I use...same as Charlotte's.
Try to copy and past if not...let me know and I will type it out for you.
Hot bisquits and apple butter can't be beat.

Thakyee mam both of you.

Horace

Let me know if you all make any and how you like it. I also make pear butter by the same recipe. In fact I made a batch of each two weeks ago.