General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fifties at Five

Horace the owner of WYEA is LEE PERRYMAN.

Lathan: Still waiting on you to show up for golf.

Don: You aask about the play list: Yesterday on the show we played, Rick Nelson, The Chordettes, Ferlin Husky, The Impalas, Dion, Guy Mitchell, Everly Bros. Buddy Holly, Fats, Elvis, Mills Bros, Frankie Ford, Sammy Turner and The Elegants. I do not pick the music but our computer does a good job. What think you?

Don I also believe on the forum sometime back you were asked: "Do You Miss Radio?" Your reply was " Yes I do I hope it comes back sometime in the future." Well it is back in Sylacauga at WYEA-AM 1290.

Looking forward to some stories from all. Just email to Bobbyg@WYEA.Net.

Thanks to All
Bobby G

Sounds likes 50's to me..that's what I would do,play selections from 1950-1960..ALL the years of the 50's would be included.

I'll be down one afternoon at 5 to see if you can "cut the mustard".

Talladega is a food and radio desert..I sure hope WYEA is a REAL local station. Good luck with that.

By the way, Danny Whitsett was a WFEB when I was there. I was working a Sat. morning shift when George Carr brought the lad in to start his first radio experience..A DATE WITH DANNY. Also, at the station were some other youngsters..Millard "Smitty" Smith and Bill Jessup.

Bob,
Until we get together and tee it up - I'm a "2" Handicap. However, when we do play, I hope I can break "95".

I hope you do get the 'stream' working on your radio station. Can't wait to hear your programs.

I was probably the worst interview you ever had. Not searching for a compliment, either. I do okay till the red/green light comes on. I do have a face which is good on radio...

Lathium.. what is a two inch handicap?

Don,
Actually, it was a golf handicap number. Sorry, but sometimes I talk in quotation marks. Even while I was writing this, I was thinking about golf in quotation marks but later changed it to parentheses (golf) - sorry 'bout that.

The number "2" - If someone has a "2" handicap in golf, chances are, on a Par "72" Golf Course, that person will average about a "74" Score. (Bob, correct me if I'm right). See, then I was writing in Parentheses, but I was thinking about something else in "Quotation Marks"...My wife says I have to break myself of this habit but there are no Classes in Apalachicola for that.

Again, Don & Horace, I would like to hear some of your old broadcasts - If you can locate any, you could put them on an MP3 File or CD. I bet you guys were the Dick Biondes (sp)/Joe Rumores of your time..

Pee Wee, somewhere here I have cassette tapes of both. Dick Biondi on WLS calling the "submarine races" and Joe Rumore on WVOK reading out a greeting to me, taped while I was in Viet Nam and sent to me. If I locate them I'll send you copies. By the way, we enjoyed the Mongolian with Jimmy & Judy and Jim and Belinda the other night. Maybe you'll make the next one, fried seafood platter, or broiled if you insist!