VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Fifties at Five

Bob,
Until we get together and tee it up - I'm a "2" Handicap. However, when we do play, I hope I can break "95".

I hope you do get the 'stream' working on your radio station. Can't wait to hear your programs.

I was probably the worst interview you ever had. Not searching for a compliment, either. I do okay till the red/green light comes on. I do have a face which is good on radio...

Lathium.. what is a two inch handicap?

Don,
Actually, it was a golf handicap number. Sorry, but sometimes I talk in quotation marks. Even while I was writing this, I was thinking about golf in quotation marks but later changed it to parentheses (golf) - sorry 'bout that.

The number "2" - If someone has a "2" handicap in golf, chances are, on a Par "72" Golf Course, that person will average about a "74" Score. (Bob, correct me if I'm right). See, then I was writing in Parentheses, but I was thinking about something else in "Quotation Marks"...My wife says I have to break myself of this habit but there are no Classes in Apalachicola for that.

Again, Don & Horace, I would like to hear some of your old broadcasts - If you can locate any, you could put them on an MP3 File or CD. I bet you guys were the Dick Biondes (sp)/Joe Rumores of your time..

Pee Wee, somewhere here I have cassette tapes of both. Dick Biondi on WLS calling the "submarine races" and Joe Rumore on WVOK reading out a greeting to me, taped while I was in Viet Nam and sent to me. If I locate them I'll send you copies. By the way, we enjoyed the Mongolian with Jimmy & Judy and Jim and Belinda the other night. Maybe you'll make the next one, fried seafood platter, or broiled if you insist!