General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Council in Sylacauga

Often times that can be a good thing. I have the highest reqard for the new Mayor. While we were there he was our Councilman and a member of our church. Around Hollins, we would say of him, "he's a good'un." Or something like that.

Our hearts are still there. Well, a lots of mine is in Hollins along the banks of the streams that are filled with minnows...

Doug is a good guy. Too bad Ken Horn wasn't elected to the council. Was he running?

Ken did run and was beaten badly. He had been on the council for years. The Horns were Hollins people and I started first grade with his brother Robert.
They gave up on farming and moved to town when he was in the fifth grade. Hard working people.

Lathan, Tom Roberts defeated Ken. I don't know Tom.

Ivy,
They lost a good one. Kenneth was/is a good guy who took his position very seriously. I guarantee you he was/is a man of his word. He came out for football as a senior and won a starting postion as right end. He was a maniac on defense. Against John Carroll, he chased their QB from his defensive right end position all the way across the field and made the tackle. It was 4th and about 5 and they were on our 10 yard line. Kenneth kept their QB from making the first down and we got the ball back with a few minutes left in the game. We tied JC 14-14. A true, true story