General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Brockobamaville

Hey Chuck thanks for taking the time to raust Ol' Fogey(the resident adult) off his perch long enough to cool things down and thanks Theron, I don't even know you outside of this place but I appreciate your coolness when things get hot.

Horace

I agree with you 100%.
I hate, hate, hate political opinions. However, I do wish someone would run one day that I could support so much I would put a sign in my yard...never have done this.

Fogey, I too miss your friends so much.

Thanks Fogey. I too am not an MVB by birth, I was adopted by a goodly couple here a few years ago!

One of my missions now is to keep friendly with my friends, since there are markedly fewer than last year.

The best method that I've found to achieve this is to have friends who wiil lend me money, but I never borrow. I also have friends that will accept my outrageous beliefs in politics and religion, so I never espouse them.

I'll chat-fight with anyone about college football, and become quite enraged about "the other side", but I hold the "it's a game" thought when things get quiet again.

I don't "do" facebook, but I wish that the "unfriend button" was as easy as the online version.

Friends choose each other, and all of us have made choices that we later doubt, so I'll try to keep the choices that have stood the test of time, very close and let the others go.

Thanks again, Sir, for being the elder statesman and I hope to meet you in person on one of my home trips.

How's that for philosophy. from one of the youngest in the bunch?

Take care all,

Young Chuck

Chucky, that's just wonderful beyond words. I couldn't agree more. Why, I really REALLY think you should have one of them Pullet Surprises, like AlBore got!

(WOW...and to think I KNOW this guy...I've shooken...shuck...shaked....met him! 'Course, all I remember is how good the BBQ was at "Pok 'n Beef" that day...)

Just keep gettin' older, though, Chuck, and some day you'll be nearly as perfect as some of us are.

HAR! HAR! HAR!

My personal philosophy is this. When you get mad at a friend... COUNT TO "TEN".

But, Keep your foot on his neck until you get to TEN in case you're still mad after you get to TEN

Huckleberry Finn and I share a philosophy in a small way. (And I will NOT explain this!):

"Then she told me all about the bad place, and I said I wished I was there. She got mad then, but I didn't mean no harm. All I wanted was to go somewheres; all I wanted was a change, I warn't particular. She said it was wicked to say what I said; said she wouldn't say it for the whole world; she was going to live so as to go to the good place. Well, I couldn't see no advantage in going where she was going, so I made up my mind I wouldn't try for it. But I never said so, because it would only make trouble, and wouldn't do no good."