The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I'd like to explain a couple of things...

"I don't know why Ivy said what he did (and I didn't - and still don't - get the connection). Then, I don't know why Jimmy kept PUSHING it until it festered." - Lathan

Lathan, I wasn't coming back here because I thought I'd be roundly condemned by several folks for what I said to Ivy, but I'm happy now that I couldn't resist. Thank you for just telling it like it is, rather than just jumping in on Ivy's side.

Now here's the deal: I did my BEST to force Ivy to admit that he was accusing me of "RACISM" when he brought up Jackie Robinson. OF COURSE THAT'S WHAT HE MEANT! But would he admit it? No way! STILL WON'T!

Now the reason "the race card" infuriates me: I was not prejudiced as a child, I never EVER mistreated a black person, "some of my best friends" --- especially when I was in the Air Force --- have been black people. Hell, I even fell in love with a black girl the summer I went to school in Nashville, but I was married and loved my wife too much to let that even get to holding hands....we just sang together and I loved her THAT way....AND I told my wife about it. She just smiled, the way she's always done when I mentioned Nelly Belly --- because she KNOWS I've always been "here to stay."

Now: Please let it be known by ALL that I DO NOT DESPISE BARACK OBAMA BECAUSE HE'S HALF BLACK --- I despise Barack Obama because he is a SORRY SON OF A ***** and because he is destroying this great country...and he scares me to death because I REALLY THINK HIS PURPOSE IS TO DESTROY THE USA!

NOW...as to my nasty tirades, I shall try to make this the last one, and I apologize to all who were offended...except Ivy....but I will NOT apologize to him until he apologizes to me and admits --- for perhaps the only time in his life --- that he was WRONG in accusing me of racial hatred simply because I despise the blob of festering protoplasm that resides in the White House at this time. THAT, by the way, is the Screaming Liberal" way: "If the opposition refuses to agree with you, pop out the "RACE CARD."

God bless us every one -- and GOD SAVE THE USA!

Re: I'd like to explain a couple of things...

Jimmy, that was not my message. My message is that as the Black Man made it in MLB, that Mr. Obama will go back in the White House.
I read the same polls you read.
I'm sorry that you read me wrong. I think of you as a friend.

Have a good weekend and don't forget to vote.

Jimmy- Good Post. I love you for your passion. You remind me of me (especially when I feel you 'push' it). I do the same thing on occasions.

There has to be a name for people like us and if you think of it, please don't print it because we could be arrested.

I especially like the part about GOD BLESS AMERICA. I feel the same way you do about Barack Hussein Obama and it isn't because he's black and white.

I would have voted for Condoleesa (sp) Rice in a heartbeat and she's 'all' black. She's also a real patriot (which can't be said for the DISEASE who keeps his golf clubs in our White House).

That's enough...Best

Yeah, I think that'll do it for me, too....I never really expected an apology, anyway, but anybody with a working set of synapses knows exactly what went down here, and those of us who've been around long enough know that some things...and some people...will never change --- nor will they ever admit they stepped in deep doodoo of their own issuance.

But that's it, that's all, no more....so mote it be!

By the way, my next video --- as soon as I get my Irish Tenor working again --- will begin as follows:

Oh, Barry boy, Chicago is a'calling
From slum to slum, and down the sewer side
The change is gone, and all the cheers are dying
'Tis you, 'tis you must go because YOU LIED!"

Two of my favorite sayings...

1 - OBAMA WAS CAUGHT TELLING THE TRUTH - BUT HE LIED HIS WAY OUT OF IT.

2 - HE'D CLIMB A TREE TO TELL A LIE BEFORE HE'D STAND ON THE GROUND AND TELL THE TRUTH.

...'bout sums it up