The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ala vs LSU

Since 1984, the winner of the Alabama – LSU game has gone right along with election results. An Alabama victory was followed by a win by the democratic nominee, while a win by LSU signaled the Republican candidate being voted into office. It has been accurate for the past seven elections.

Let’s take a look:

1984: LSU 16, Alabama 14. Ronald Reagan (R)
1988: LSU 19, Alabama 18. George H.W. Bush (R)
1992: Alabama 31, LSU 11. Bill Clinton (D)
1996: Alabama 26, LSU 0. Bill Clinton (D)
2000: LSU 30, Alabama 28. George W. Bush (R)
2004: LSU 26, Alabama 10. George W. Bush (R)
2008: Alabama 27, LSU 21. Barack Obama (D)

If this trend continues, an Alabama win signals a victory for the Democratic party and an Obama re-election. If LSU had won it would have signaled a victory for the Republican party and a Romney election.

With that bit of knowledge, who did you root for?

Re: Ala vs LSU

Thanks for sharing that info. Had never heard that. If it holds true this year there will be some very unhappy MVB. AS for me, I don't think there's a dime's worth of difference between the two of them.

I pull for Alabama until they play Auburn.

May I ask if you had folk at BBC in early to mid fifties?

Ivy's correct - There isn't a 'dime's' worth of difference - The difference will be much more costly than that - it will be the burden of debt our children, our grandchildren and their children will suffer if the Bama/LSU things holds true -

GO BAMA

When Alpine beats Kymulga in Ice Hockey..you can count on a COLD winter. Check the record book!

The last time Alpine played Kymulga in Ice Hockey it was a 3-3 Tie. When they went into overtime the Ice Melted and they had to call the game. Two of Alpine's players nearly drowned

Oh, HOCKEY!