The Sylacauga Connection

General Chat (Mature Audiences)

VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT:   http://sylacaugan.com

The Sylacauga Connection
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2016 --- a look at what you get if you DON'T vote for Romney!

AMEN to that! They --- Jimmy's daddy, Jim, and his mama, Beulah Mae, were like second parents to me. Jim Persons showed up at my Pop's funeral and cried with me, too. Those are the people you never forget. I'm so ****ed silly about people I loved that much that I'm blubbering right now...and I AIN'T ashamed of it.

My dad did the time on the field with Goof Gann who ran the score board. After I got out of college he turned it over to me and James Powell, we did all the BB Comer, Sylacauga and East Highland games.
Dad did watch all the games that Jack played
My dad was a great baseball player with the mignon team and also played semi pro at Tallassee Al. for several years.

Goof Gann taught me how to "Crease" my baseball cap. His secret - He put a piece of cardboard in the front (top) of his cap and folded it over - overnight until it held its own shape. It's funny what you remember about people...

It beats me as to why anyone would want to "grease" their baseball cap!

Just leave out the cardboard and wear enough Bryle Cream in your hair..you'll have all the "greased" baseball hat anyone could want.

Jugg Martin
Alpine,Al.
N.A.M.V.B.

If you've ever Pitched in a baseball game, you'd find out Grease would come in handy - makes your 'curve' ball break sharper and your 'fast' ball will dance

Never pitched baseball. But,I would really like to throw out a hockey puck!!

So would I --- and the hockey puck's name is Obama!

HAR! HAR! HAR!

Lathan do you remember how Goof and Harold Argo could through the soft ball?

Jimmy, wasn't that guy usually called "Goofy"?

Jimmy Persons -
I spent most of my young life at Mignon Field watching the great Softball Players there. Wouldn't we love to get a chance to go back to those 'Yester Years' when it seemed like the whole town would turn out to see those games. My mind goes there often and when I get in one of my 'daydream' modes, I can forget all about these troubled times - at least for a while.

Ironically, my first Little League Baseball Practice was at Mignon Field. Coach Barton was my first Little League Coach and Marshall Hatchett (Earl's father) was his assistant. I had no hopes of even making the team. I just went out there because Earl Hatchett and I were such good friends, I wanted to hang out with him. I'd 'shag' fly balls at practice and when Coach Barton gave me a Uniform I thought I had died and gone to Heaven. I 'pinch-hit' in the first game. I started the second game in Right Field and from then on I was the starting Shortstop. It was the first year of Little League in Sylacauga.

Bill Harris (Sylacauga's football coach) coached the Cubs. A true, true story

Far as I was concerned, most of those guys were greater baseball players than Mickey Mantle or even Jack Roosevelt "Jackie" Robinson....especially "Good Doc" King.

THANKee, Avondale.......ANYbody who's an MVB knows a LOT about what Heaven's gonna be like -- and that's a FACT!