Ready4Nurse

勉強、CGFNS,NCLEXについてや、各国のRNたちと交流 などなど Nursingを語ろう!試験について、学校について アメリカのナースについてどんどん書いて高「ません〜 私の先輩も登場するぞ〜

ボタンを押したあと、レスがつくまでに時間がかかるので しばらくしてリロードしてみてください。

Ready4Nurse
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: CGSFN: has it become a must for a greencard?

あやさん
私も今噛み砕いてるところなんですが、移民局のよると、ナースとしてグリーンカードを瑞ソする場合は、すでにCGFNS合格証は必要となってるようです。

These requirements apply to both immigrant and nonimmigrant applicants.

今回は、移民目的でないビザ、H-1B、H-1CにもCGFNS合格証提出が義務になったということらしいです。
Any non-U.S. citizen coming to the United States for employment as a health care worker (other than a physician) cannot be admitted unless he or she presents a certificate from either the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS) or a certificate of equal standing from an organization with equivalent credentials. These requirements apply to both immigrant and nonimmigrant applicants. Regarding visa classification, nonimmigrant health care workers will most likely be in H-1C, H-1B, J, O, or TN non-immigrant categories. Any non-immigrants coming to receive training in a health care occupation will not be required to obtain certification. Such health care workers will most likely be in F-1, J-1 (aliens coming to undertake a training program in a medical field) and H-3 nonimmigrant classifications. Please note that each of these visa classifications has additional requirements. Please go to our Nonimmigrant Visa or our Immigrant Visa Classification pages for more information on visa categories.

それで、この新しいCGFNS合格証提示が義務になるのは、来年の7月26日からだそうです。
Yes, as of July 26, 2004, if a nonimmigrant is seeking to be admitted to the United States, is changing status, and/or is requesting an extension of stay, he or she must provide evidence of health care worker certification if the primary purpose for coming to or remaining in the United States is employment in one of the affected health care occupations. Previously, under section 212(d)(3) of the Act, the CIS and the Department of State waived Health Care Worker certification requirements for nonimmigrants, while requiring it for immigrants. After careful consideration of the statute and legislative history, it has been determined that nonimmigrants are also subject to the certification requirements.

移民局はRNとしてのグリーンカード瑞ソにはCGFNSの合格証提出が必要と以前からうたっていますけど、CAで免許取得した場合はビザスクリーン、英語のテストにパスするだけでOKだったと私も覚えています。ただ、法律がこまめに変わっているので、この移民局のサイトを読んだだけでは州別のことは私にもわからない状態です。
今回は、グリーンカード以外のテンポラリーの就労ビザについてなので、グリーンカード瑞ソ者は今までと変わらないかもしれないです。
でも、推測なので私にはなんともいえません。
あやさんは、弁護士など使ってグリーンカードを瑞ソするのですか?

Re: Re: CGSFN: has it become a must for a greencard?

I will have to look for a lawyer once I pass the NCLEX. However, I have not even taken the test yet, and therefore, I have no laywer to ask at this point.

I visited the CGFNS's website. They have not upped the information being discussed here yet. They just say as following:
Applicants who wish to obtain an occupational visa to practice as nurses in the United States must present a CGFNS Certificate or a passing score on the NCLEX-RNィ examination to provide proof of their nursing knowledge.

I am planning on the NCLEX sometime in spring...maybe in March or April.
Even in the best-case senario, which is I pass the exam and get a job,I do not still know if I can start the application process for a greencard by 7/26, 2004.

This is a nightmare

Re: Re: Re: CGSFN: has it become a must for a greencard?

そうそう、CGFNSでは何も書いてないのですよ。
移民局のサイトBCISかな、今は、そこだと テンポラリーのビザについて、新しくなったことが書いてあるんです。他に参考になるのは、RNという雑誌の10月号と、あと他にもあったのですが本が手元にないのでわかり次第書きますね。

ただ、これはテンポラリーのビザについての変更なので、RNとしてグリーンカードの瑞ソの条件は今までと変わりないですよ。CAではCGFNSなしでもグリーンカードの瑞ソが出来る(出来た)という話は知ってますが、一応公ではCGFNSも必要と移民局は言ってるわけで、ココの部分についての変更は今のところないので今までと同じかもしれないです。

もうちょっと検索してみますね。

Re: CGFNS

Thanks, Hiromi. I will pay attention to the BCIS, CGFNS, and CA board site for the latest information.

Re: Re: CGFNS

参考になるかわかりませんが、去年、Baltimoreの病院にInternatioanl Nurseの雇用について聞いたところ、Baltimoreでは、必ずグリーンカードの瑞ソをしているそうです。同時にグリーンカードの瑞ソには、CGFNSにパスする必要があると案内されました。他にTOEFLなど・・・。
州が違うので雇用形態は違うかも知れませんが参考までに。
失礼しました。

Re: Re: Re: CGFNS

Thanks for sharing the information. I have decided to take the CGFNS after the NCLEX. It seems it is rather faster and sure to obtain CGFNS certificate if I would like to get a nursing job. Even it is in CA, I would need to think about the exam thing in order to get a greencard.

My purpose is not a greencard, but if I want to work, I will need it since an H1 visa is not really practical.

Thanks.