Return to Website
General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wheel Repairs

Hi Brad, will check with John tomorrow - he had a few wheels repaired and might have given me the wrong price - as it was over the Christmas break he had about 15 wheels that went in to get repaired. Does seem a high price.

Regards

James

no worries, i do think it is a bit strange that someone that knows you and your ride pretty formally didnt notice the color mix up, my repair was also returned in less than 48 hours even thou promissed next day,my price also included refitment of tyre and balance
PS THE PLACE CAMERON MENTIONED ALSO HAS A GOOD REPUTATION AND OFTEN CALLED DE VINCI BUT ARE ALSO KNOWN FOR THERE HI PRICES - SO I DO BELIEVE YOUR PRICE WAS TO HI
BJ

Hi Brad, Naturally John from Jax knew about my wheels - the guys who did the work stuffed it up - certainly a stuff up painting it in gloss when you could see it was matt black - no worries - hope to have it back next week.

Regards

James

Well, finally have a wheel back on my trailer - A NEW ONE - the wheel repair company really stuffed up the rim - as you know, the first attempt ended up my wheel being painted gloss black instead of matt black - well we sent it back and when they returned it, the paint was still wet and there were marks and scatches on the polished section of the wheel. Well the company would not accept any responsibility for the **** house repairs - can you believe their comment "Well, it was damaged before it came to us" dah!!!! that is why we sent it to them to be fixed. John, from Jax Tyres told them that they would have to replace the wheel as it was no longer able to be repaired - they told him, no way - we are not going to pay for a new one and they even refused to refund the money we paid to get it repaired. Well, John will no longer use the company, and I must say in excess of $30,000 per annum from Jax Tyres in Penrith - John will also be sending an email off to all of the other Jax Outlets to let them know of the bad workmanship and service he received from the company.

For your info

The name of the business is - Morton and May - or should it be Morons & Mayhem.

Cheers

James