Class of Towanda High School Forum

Ok, What do we want to talk about today?

Class of Towanda High School Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: scholarship

Yes I did mention this awhile ago. I like the idea, and I appreciate Mary's reality check----however, I think maybe we shoud investigate a bit and ask THS how to go about it. Maybe they can do the ground work and selection process--we can just give the money and establish the criteria.

Be careful that we don't limit it to "college" in teh traditional sense----trade schools, etc are just as important--and this coming from a college professor!

I like criteria such as: community service (> 1 year of service), innovative ideas that contributed to the spirit of the graduating class, demonstrates respect for diversity (i.e. socioeconmic status in Towanda--since ethnic diveristy is rare), good grades, acceptance to a program in higher education, maybe 1 male and 1 female?, showing grace and humor in teh classroom, extracurricular actcities adn the comuunity! ( We should have it represent our class!)Maybe something about using technology to improve communication---look what has happened to us and the good that has come from it?

Thanks for listening!

Hey Dan Foster--saw you walking yesterday with coffee into Smeal

Sandy B

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I believe Sanday Bargainnier mentioned last year the idea of a scholarship and I have been thinking about it as well. What do you guys think of creating a scholarship fund for a graduating THS senior every year? I think between $500-$1000 would be a nice amount, of course, depending on what we could collectively contribute. What do you guys think?