Return to Website

Citroen Specials Club

This Forum page is provided for members of the Citroen Specials Club to ask for, or respond to offers of, advice or assistance and to offer hints and tips with building and maintaining a Citroen Special (kit or one off special) or similar vehicle. Would members please include their membership number and/or e-mail address so they can be identified. Guests are welcome to place messages but must give a valid e-mail address. Feel free to disguise the address by, for instance, replacing "@" with "*", to avoid spam robots copying it.

Anonymous messages and messages not in keeping with the aims of the forum will be removed.

Note: If there is a closed padlock on the message then no more replies can be added.

If there is the word 'Sticky' then it means the message is important.

The Search facility is now active.

Citroen Specials Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Citroen Front Drive

The picture below is of the bonnet mascot of the Slough built 2CV. I'm thinking of having an artist friend produce a stylised art deco representation of it and have it printed as a pair of high quality handed decals. Could then go direct on bonnets etc or you could make up a bracket like the one in the picture. Anyone interested - would be around £10.

Re: Citroen Front Drive

Thanks for the offer Geoff but I am still on a first refusal for an original enamelled LoMax badge, ta ;-) But I agree, it's an attractive design and would appear nicely on a t-shirt.

Membership No. 1906

Paul Narramore
Thanks for the offer Geoff but I am still on a first refusal for an original enamelled LoMax badge, ta ;-) But I agree, it's an attractive design and would appear nicely on a t-shirt.

I've seen the Slough originals go for £250+. Most enamel badges can be done fairly cheaply, even as a one off, in these days of digital artwork. If the original Lomax badge is sought after by club members it might well be worth clubbing together and getting a reproduction done.

Hi Geoff,I would like a pair of these,email me how and when you want the money.

Membership No. 27

I'll take two sets.

Membership No. 1951

Great - I need to order about 10 sets to make it economic and I'm nearly there. Thanks very much to all who have emailed and PM'd me. I will be able to give exact prices once I've found a printer who can assure me that they can do the job properly - i.e. it won't fade or peel.

You'll have to bear with me on this as I'm not a trader and can't really justify laying out money speculatively. Last time I did that was for some carb adapters - I spent £300 and had them sitting about for two or three years until there was a discussion about it on this forum and they all went in a few weeks. Not really the way to make money ;-)

I'm still having trouble with getting the delrin & phosphor bronze track rod arm bearing cups done. I had thought about asking Steve Parrish but he's in the fortunate position of being very busy just now. I will go over to the engineering shop who said they'd do it and attempt to persuade them to get it done.

hi apair for me please can you send to france. i know the post will be more but that is o/k dave randall

Geoff,

If you're not there yet, count me in for a pair please.

Membership No. 1865

I'll have a set as well please Geoff

Chris

Membership No. 1769

nice one geoff i would like a couple please

Membership No. 1958

OK, me too please.

Membership No. 1906

Thanks guys. Just wondering whether instead of the Traction Avant representation in the graphic I should have it altered to look like a very stylised open top 3 wheeler with a full height windscreen?? Obviously not specifically a Lomax, an Avion or a Pembleton but in that ballpark. It would retain the "speed lines". The commercial artist doing this is very talented and can come up with pretty much anything I want.

Any thoughts?

hi geoff go for it lets be original and different dave r

Geoff,
I would prefer one like the original. Even the 'Traction Avant' design can be perceived as another car (read - three wheeler).

Another advantage of keeping the original look would be the ablity to sell it to Citroen enthusiasts as well.

Christopher

Membership No. 1951

Looks like a good one Geoff I would like a couple please. However; i'd like to see the three wheeler version too please if at all possible before I buy either; (or both).

Rob A
Membership NO 1400J

Membership No. 1400J

I'll get it done both ways and we'll see what it looks like.

Art work done - didn't work as a convertible type car image so I left it as a saloon in the style of a Traction Avant.

I'm going to find a printer who can do it in high quality UV stable vinyl. It will be laser cut. I will sell them as a set of 2 (they're handed).

NB this is not the print ready image and has been reduced in quality for display on the web.

ok for me dave r

Looks good.

Membership No. 1951

I like to buy it´s also!

greetings Mikko to Finland!

m.rasanen@elisanet.fi

I have found a printer who can do it as a pair of laser cut, UV stable and colour matched sticker.

I will be ordering it up later today and when they arrive (10 working days) I will be sending them out to all who have expressed an interest. Price will be £10 for a handed pair.

Anyone else who wants a set please let me know and I can adjust numbers accordingly.

BTW - price will include P&P for UK mainland but Europe and further abroad will be charged at actual cost of whatever service you choose. They will be very light so even airmail shouldn't be much.

BTW - just checked with Citroen in Slough to see if they are OK about this. They are uninterested - if it's not about a new car they couldn't care less. Most of the people I spoke to had not heard of the 2CV - those that had didn't know it was ever built in Slough.

I wonder if the folks at Slough know what a Bijou is?

Membership No. 1951

The parts people at Citroen in Chester didn't know what LHM was.

2 please Geoff

Membership No. t b a

peter scott
2 please Geoff

Peter - they come as a set of two (right and left). Do you want two sets?

Decals arrived today - I will send out sets today to everyone who asked for one - UK mainland P&P will be included in the £10 cost. Overseas will be charged at actual cost. I will include an invoice and a cheque or paypal payment by return would be appreciated.

I've sent out emails requesting address details to most people - if you haven't had one could you email me with the address you'd like it sent to.

BTW - size of each decal is 150mm x 65mm (6" x 2.5"). This is just a little bit larger than the original.

In terms of scale, they look just right on the bonnet of my Avion.

I received my set in to-day's post: they are quite nice.

Membership No. 1951

Christopher - thanks. Didn't take too long to get to the East Coast. Would look nicer in enamel and chrome but waaay too expensive....