Return to Website

Citroen Specials Club

This Forum page is provided for members of the Citroen Specials Club to ask for, or respond to offers of, advice or assistance and to offer hints and tips with building and maintaining a Citroen Special (kit or one off special) or similar vehicle. Would members please include their membership number and/or e-mail address so they can be identified. Guests are welcome to place messages but must give a valid e-mail address. Feel free to disguise the address by, for instance, replacing "@" with "*", to avoid spam robots copying it.

Anonymous messages and messages not in keeping with the aims of the forum will be removed.

Note: If there is a closed padlock on the message then no more replies can be added.

If there is the word 'Sticky' then it means the message is important.

The Search facility is now active.

Citroen Specials Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
injection

hi all i am probably out of my depth but has anyone tried water/methanol injection on a602 motor.also there is a video on u/tube of a lonely lomax at the bressuire gp .dave r

Re: injection

Hi Dave
Water/Meth injection, in my experience, works best in forced induction(turbo or supercharged) set-ups by cooling the petrol/air charge and releasing the alcohol and oxygen( from the H2O ) as an extra combustion agent.
The use of Methanol as a fuel requires a very high compression ratio to be effective-We ran a comp. ratio of 14.7 to 1 on our drag race car.
I think all it will succeed in doing in a standard 2CV motor is making it rusty inside.This is just my experience so no doubt others will have different views on the subject.
Chris

Membership No. 1488

ta cris it was only a though sat here in the rain im planing to build a special . so lots of silly thoughts dave r

It might work if you fitted a Aisin AMR500 Supercharger.
See the subject 'Supercharger' further down this Forum.
Chris

Membership No. 1488

If you're looking at injection why not investigate throttle-bodies and an ECU? Very efficient and clean if a little pricey. This would also take up much less space...

Membership No. 1759

I seem to remember seeing an advert for a new 2CV engine with fuel injection fitted!
I think it was from Brazil
Regards
Mike

Membership No. 1663