Return to Website

Citroen Specials Club

This Forum page is provided for members of the Citroen Specials Club to ask for, or respond to offers of, advice or assistance and to offer hints and tips with building and maintaining a Citroen Special (kit or one off special) or similar vehicle. Would members please include their membership number and/or e-mail address so they can be identified. Guests are welcome to place messages but must give a valid e-mail address. Feel free to disguise the address by, for instance, replacing "@" with "*", to avoid spam robots copying it.

Anonymous messages and messages not in keeping with the aims of the forum will be removed.

Note: If there is a closed padlock on the message then no more replies can be added.

If there is the word 'Sticky' then it means the message is important.

The Search facility is now active.

Citroen Specials Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2cv slough mascot

Hello!

I´m Mikko in to Finland

I'm looking for 2cv slough (front drive) bonnet mascot! Do you have or do you know someone how have and can sell it to me?

If you not know someone can you keep your eyes open if you ever somewhere in the English one will go on sale?

Thank you!!

Mikko

ps. If someone is replica I interested this one too!

m.rasanen@elisanet.fi

Re: 2cv slough mascot

Mikko Räsänen
Hello!

I´m Mikko in to Finland

I'm looking for 2cv slough (front drive) bonnet mascot! Do you have or do you know someone how have and can sell it to me?

If you not know someone can you keep your eyes open if you ever somewhere in the English one will go on sale?

Thank you!!

Mikko

ps. If someone is replica I interested this one too!

m.rasanen@elisanet.fi

Mikko, check out the Citroen Front drive thread below, I think it is what you may be looking for, Geoff is looking at getting some made

Membership No. 1859

Hi!

Thank you Tom!

I can´t send message for him, becouse my combteur does not agree to that email point, I do not know why!?

So if you Geoff Ryall-Harvey see this message please contact me directly by e-mail!

Thank you!

Mikko

m.rasanen@elisanet.fi

Hi Mikko

I also wanted an original Slough bonnet mascot but when I saw a right-hand side badge (just one of the three parts - left hand badge, right hand badge and mounting plate) go for £125 on eBay last year I decided that I couldn't justify spending that amount of money.

I looked at the possibility of having an enamel badge set reproduced. Definitely do-able and the quality would have been better than original but initial cost was about £500. If I ordered 20 sets then this would come down to around £150 per mascot set. Still too expensive for most people I think.

As an alternative I had a graphic designer do an interpretation of the original from photographs. It is not an exact match but certainly catches the Art Deco spirit of the original. I have suggested using these on the bonnet or tail sides of 2CV Specials and in the panel below the A pillar on original cars. I could also have an aluminium bonnet mounting plate cut so it could be put in the original position. I guess than would be about £20 - but any laser or water jet cutting facility could do it from a tracing of the sticker - just make it 2mm bigger all round and add a couple of lugs on the bottom edge for folding to make mounting brackets. Polish the edges, sticker on and you're done.

Hope this is helpful.

Hi Geoff!

I buy what you can to offer me this one: £150 per mascot or I could also have an aluminium bonnet mounting plate cut so it could be put in the original position. I guess than would be about £20 or what you have.

Then when you finish something so please contact me as agreed upon payment and shipping!

That mascot is so beautiful!!

Thank you!

Mikko

m.rasanen@elisanet.fi

I looked at the possibility of having an enamel badge set reproduced. Definitely do-able and the quality would have been better than original but initial cost was about £500. If I ordered 20 sets then this would come down to around £150 per mascot set. Still too expensive for most people I think.

Hi Geoff!

Would it be possible to get people to participate in this idea? I would be willing to pay even a little bit more than that £150.

Mikko

Would it be possible to get people to participate in this idea? I would be willing to pay even a little bit more than that £150.

Miko - the market is very limited for this. I've decided I can not justify spending £150+ and I think most other CSC forum users think that an enamel badge set would be nice to have but much too expensive. A stylish pair of stickers for a tenner is fine and plenty of people are up for that.

The real market for a high quality reporoduction enamel badge set would be 2CV owners and my experience is that they will say they want all sorts of things for their cars but when the moment comes to open their wallets they simply do not do so unless it means that their car will be off the road without that item.

I would be very reluctant to fund the set up costs and then spend years trying to recover that. Having said that, if I really, really wanted one for a councours 100 point Slough 2CV restoration then £500 wouldn't be a lot to spend. I can certainly give you details of companies who make enamel badges in the UK but if you want to have this made in Finland then look for a company that manufactures Masonic and civic regalia.

After emptying my late father's garage I found lots of 2cv parts amongst these I found a 2cv bonnet mascot. Before I was born he had one of the 2cv's made in Slough that were produced for the foreign market. I understand these are quite rare. I want to sell it but I'm not sure how to go about it. It is currently on ebay but I think I might take it off as I didn't realise which car it was taken from. Any advice would be gratefully received.