Return to Website

Citroen Specials Club

This Forum page is provided for members of the Citroen Specials Club to ask for, or respond to offers of, advice or assistance and to offer hints and tips with building and maintaining a Citroen Special (kit or one off special) or similar vehicle. Would members please include their membership number and/or e-mail address so they can be identified. Guests are welcome to place messages but must give a valid e-mail address. Feel free to disguise the address by, for instance, replacing "@" with "*", to avoid spam robots copying it.

Anonymous messages and messages not in keeping with the aims of the forum will be removed.

Note: If there is a closed padlock on the message then no more replies can be added.

If there is the word 'Sticky' then it means the message is important.

The Search facility is now active.

Citroen Specials Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Dellorto jet size,s???

Hi all,
After firing up my visa 652cc with 123 ignition and Harley coil it is massivly too rich, Is there anybody out there with twin Dellortos who can tell me what Jetting/needles etc they are using? Same applies if its a 602 engine as I can then compare them too mine.
Thanks in advance
Andy

Membership No. 1856

Re: Dellorto jet size,s???

If you get in touch with Delorto at Eurocarb Ltd
Unit 2 Horseshoe Park,
Pangbourne,
Reading, RG8 7JW
Telephone: +44 (0) 118 984 2811
Facsimile: +44 (0) 118 9841709
http://www.dellorto.co.uk/

they will be able to help you.

Regards Carole

Membership No. Hon/015J

Hi carole,
I spoke to them and they recommended different jets so I bought them <£85> and it is still miles too rich.
I figured if anybody is running twin Dellorto,s then it would be good to compare jet size,s before I spend another £50---£100.
Andy

Membership No. 1856

They actually sell dellortos jetted for 2cv engines..Matt at eurocarb is usually extremely helpful.
if you have very very small drills, solder the original jets up and redrill small and open up 'till you find the suitable size- he should be able to jet it for you..
Strange how it is running rich, maybe its more than that jet ???
can you drop the needle somehow ?

Membership No. 1336

Robert at eurocarb reckoned the needles were fine but to change the main & idle jets and the emulsifier tube. The facet fuel pump I am using is pumping at 1.5--4 psi and this could be overiding the floats in the carbs so I will try a small gravity fed tank and see what happens.
Andy

Membership No. 1856

Might be the answer - a friend had an Avion on Dellortos that constantly flooded until he fitted a regulator that was turned waaay down.

a couple of the plastic fuel filters in the line may just slow things down enough..
works on pembletons.
I had one that had the bowl from an SU fitted above to give gravity feed to the 2 dellorto carbs.

Membership No. 1336

I will try a gravity tank this week and see how it goe,s, Soldering the jets and redrilling them sounds a lot cheaper than trial and error with new jets, The simplest of ideas!
Andy

Membership No. 1856