Return to Website

Citroen Specials Club

This Forum page is provided for members of the Citroen Specials Club to ask for, or respond to offers of, advice or assistance and to offer hints and tips with building and maintaining a Citroen Special (kit or one off special) or similar vehicle. Would members please include their membership number and/or e-mail address so they can be identified. Guests are welcome to place messages but must give a valid e-mail address. Feel free to disguise the address by, for instance, replacing "@" with "*", to avoid spam robots copying it.

Anonymous messages and messages not in keeping with the aims of the forum will be removed.

Note: If there is a closed padlock on the message then no more replies can be added.

If there is the word 'Sticky' then it means the message is important.

The Search facility is now active.

Citroen Specials Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Track Rod End Bearing Cups

An update on this..... I have had some trouble getting an engineering shop to make these up in the quantities that I need to make this a viable project. They will do one offs or make larger quantities. My problem is that I don't want to be stuck with £750 tied up in them and then take 5 years to get that back.

The last lot (see below) were done by a hot rodder who did it as a favour but is now too busy.

I've prevaled on another hot rodder - Steve Lang (owner of Langy's Rod Shop - http://www.langysrodshop.co.uk) to cost up making a small batch for me. I will, therefore, need to know ASAP who would like some. I am trying to get the cost under £25 for a set of 4 in phosphor bronze. If that can't be acheived I will cost them in Delrin instead.

£25 is a bit more expensive than the standard item but given the price of the pattern steering arms and the rapidity of wear when used with original bearing cups, I'd say it's worth doing. NB these bearings were made from Phosphor Bronze by Citroen originally and only later changed to steel.

Saying that you want a set will have to be regarded as committing yourself to buying them.

I will let everyone know what's happening as soon as Steve gets back to me.

Re: Track Rod End Bearing Cups

Geoff,
I am for any improvements to the cars: I'll take a set.

Christopher

Membership No. 1951

Re: Track Rod End Bearing Cups

Thanks for that Christopher. I am going to try to get them done in PB if at all possible. The material costs to do it in PB are about 10 times that of using Delrin. Machining costs are the same so a Delrin bearing cup won't be a tenth of the price - nevertheless, it will be an acceptable way of keeping the price down to an acceptable level if necessary.