Return to Website

Citroen Specials Club

This Forum page is provided for members of the Citroen Specials Club to ask for, or respond to offers of, advice or assistance and to offer hints and tips with building and maintaining a Citroen Special (kit or one off special) or similar vehicle. Would members please include their membership number and/or e-mail address so they can be identified. Guests are welcome to place messages but must give a valid e-mail address. Feel free to disguise the address by, for instance, replacing "@" with "*", to avoid spam robots copying it.

Anonymous messages and messages not in keeping with the aims of the forum will be removed.

Note: If there is a closed padlock on the message then no more replies can be added.

If there is the word 'Sticky' then it means the message is important.

The Search facility is now active.

Citroen Specials Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2CV Rear suspension arm

Having spent many hours, cleaning, freeing off the brake adjusters, modifying it to fit a Pembleton, and painting the rear suspension arm. I have now noticed that the arm has a twist in it!

When the arm is mounted on the axle, with the axle mounted perfectly level in a vice and the arm held horizontal. The hub face is not vertical, the bottom is about 8mm out of vertical w.r.t. the top. When a wheel is mounted that would amount to a badly out of vertical wheel, complete with associated tyre wear.

Has anyone got a spare N/side suspension arm they are prepared to part with?

Membership No. 1958

Re: 2CV Rear suspension arm

Will have a look what I've got at the Farm this evening.

Vincent,
I've got 4 chassis to send out asap, with delivery postcodes of GL6 7AS, BH25 7RD, RG6 5TY & SG15 6XT.

If one of those is within reasonable striking of you, that could save on struggling with cardboard, parcel tape and a trip to the Post Office.

I presume it's just the bare arm which you need.
( There are a couple of MOT preps on the go, gearbox to rebuild for a Pembly, carb to fettle for a Blackjack, etc., etc., so I'd rather just pull one from the stack. ;o))

Ken

Membership No. 724

Can't find one but it looks like you're sorted.

Seems a shame to waste all the work you've done.... No chance of straightening the one you've got?