Return to Website

Citroen Specials Club

This Forum page is provided for members of the Citroen Specials Club to ask for, or respond to offers of, advice or assistance and to offer hints and tips with building and maintaining a Citroen Special (kit or one off special) or similar vehicle. Would members please include their membership number and/or e-mail address so they can be identified. Guests are welcome to place messages but must give a valid e-mail address. Feel free to disguise the address by, for instance, replacing "@" with "*", to avoid spam robots copying it.

Anonymous messages and messages not in keeping with the aims of the forum will be removed.

Note: If there is a closed padlock on the message then no more replies can be added.

If there is the word 'Sticky' then it means the message is important.

The Search facility is now active.

Citroen Specials Club
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Forum changes

All,
This forum is earmarked for demolition.

All new posts should be posted to the new CSC forum, available through the club website:

http://www.citroenspecialsclub.org

After a suitable period, this forum will be locked and no new posts will be possible. It will still exist for search purposes though.

The new forums will make it easier to maintain and organise content. There are separate sections for technical queries, events and small ads as well idle chit-chat

Rgrds
Callum

Membership No. 1595

Re: Forum changes

Hi
How do we get our individual user names.

Ray

Membership No. 1540

Ray,
email me on callum@bevs.org to request your area rep username and password.

You'll then be able to amend your local meeting details and input all of the event dates for your area.

That goes for all other area reps who have not yet done this.

Rgrds
Callum

Membership No. 1595

Hello,
I am finding that the new forum is very frustrating. I registered, but it will not allow me to enter with what I thought was my user name. There seems to be no facility for rescuing the user name that was originally entered, and when I try to contact the administrator, I get a word program, that will not allow access either with my elderly version of word
The old forum was very user friendly, and this latest one seem to be far to complicated.I also find the anti fiddle code very fiddly. Up to now it looks like I am going to be locked out forever. My email address has not changed nor has my membership no. HELP

Brian

Membership No. 1011

Hello,
I received an email reply from David. I tried it and it WORKED. I must concur with a later post on this subject, that perhaps the new forum is more complicated. No doubt these problems will point the way to a mutually satisfactory solution. Thanks again David.. Brian

Membership No. 1011

Hi all,

It may be the long drive today without any head gear protecting me from the sun, but I seemed to have missed something as nothings appears to have changed? Where is the new website and the new forum? My old link still works and I am sending this - I think I will go sit in the shade and have a beer....

Membership No. 1887J

Steve,
you may well be oporating in a parallel universe... ;o)

New website and new forum can be found here;
http://www.citroenspecialsclub.org

Ken

Steve Keohane
Hi all,

It may be the long drive today without any head gear protecting me from the sun, but I seemed to have missed something as nothings appears to have changed? Where is the new website and the new forum? My old link still works and I am sending this - I think I will go sit in the shade and have a beer....

Membership No. 724

Hi,
The club website has been rewritten to make it easier to maintain. As such, it has a different 'look & feel' to the old one but is still at the same web address (www.citroenspecialsclub.org). Perhaps you need to refresh your browser (Ctrl + F5) to pick up the new site.

The reason for the change in forum, is two-fold. One - we were just a couple of posts away from it being 'full' and therefore unusable, and two - the forum was costing the club money unnecessarily. The old forum will be locked shortly to stop any new posts, but will be available for searching for a period of time. The new forum should be used in preference for any new posts from now on.

As with any change, there are always teething problems, and things will be different, but I hope that it will be a change for the good, with a more structured forum (easier to find things), easier to maintain, and a website that can be updated by all of the area reps, not just by one person. This should make the club website more 'immediate' and allow better communication between its users.

If anyone has any suggestions for new sub-forums or anything they would like to see on the club website, please getin touch.

Rgrds
Callum
unusthat

Membership No. 1595

Hi Gents,

Many thanks for the clarification - I will refresh my home PC; the MOD are still running ancient explorer versions, so cannot access the new site! As to being in a parallel universe - I think Wiltshire has been accused of being in such a place!

Membership No. 1887J