BIBLE AND THEOLOGY FORUM

Welcome!  You are at BibleAndTheology.com, which is the general forum for BibleAndTheology.org.  Persons are invited to post on Bible and Theology (widely interpreted).  Some postings may be chosen to be reposted on BibleAndTheology.org.  Give & receive love here. If you post here, please do not use "Anonymous" or the like. Choose your own screen names, but do not use one that you know is already being used by someone else. Please: 

1. You may debate with any ideas posted, but do not post objections to the topic, style, spelling, use of capital letters, or grammar of anyone's posting.  For example, you may debate whether the moon is made of green cheese, but kindly refrain from reviling a poster by telling him that it is politically incorrect to discuss green cheese.   

2. Do not post complaints or attacks vs. other posters.  

3. No obscene language,cuss words, or blasphemy may be used.   

4. Send complaints privately by e-mail to NellPatKay@hotmail.com.  If your posting is deleted, it could be because it violates forum rules or is just chosen for a short run on the forum.  

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . If you want the password, register your screen names by e-mail, as password may be needed again if problems arise on the Forum. CHECK OUT THE search function, which is good: it checks the content of the postings.

Note that if you paste onto the Forum, for some reason Bravenet may change your quote marks and apostrophes into something else, like little boxes or funny U's.   Thanks for coming, participating, and for showing love .

BIBLE AND THEOLOGY FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PEACE

When peace like a river attendeth my way
When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot,
Thou hast taught me to say,
"It is well,
It is well, with my soul"

It is well
(it is well)
With my soul
(with my soul)
It is well,
It is well,
With my soul.

Though satan should buffet
Tho trials should come
Let this blest assurance control
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate
And has shed His own blood for my soul.

( I understand that a man wrote this right after his beloved wife died. On that we could read Ezekiel from whom the Lord took his beloved wife and forbade him to grieve publically )

Ezekiel 24:12ff:

15 And the word of the LORD came to me saying,
16 "Son of man, behold, I am about to take from you the desire of your eyes with a blow; but you shall not mourn, and you shall not weep, and your tears shall not come.
17 "Groan silently; make no mourning for the dead. Bind on your turban, and put your shoes on your feet, and do not cover your mustache, and do not eat the bread of men."
18 So I spoke to the people in the morning, and in the evening my wife died."

Will the Lord not ask us to go through difficult and painful times? Why Abraham was told to sacrifice his own son!

Now if we do not have troubles,
then we have no hope of Heaven.
For then, the Lord would be a liar,
who solemnly told us that
"in this world you shall have tribulation."
And if we can't count on the Lord to tell us the truth, we should have no hope at all.

Still He says:

33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have PEACE.
In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

We ARE going to have experiences that we don't want or like in this life. But, it will all come out well for us in the end.

IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL!