BIBLE AND THEOLOGY FORUM

Welcome!  You are at BibleAndTheology.com, which is the general forum for BibleAndTheology.org.  Persons are invited to post on Bible and Theology (widely interpreted).  Some postings may be chosen to be reposted on BibleAndTheology.org.  Give & receive love here. If you post here, please do not use "Anonymous" or the like. Choose your own screen names, but do not use one that you know is already being used by someone else. Please: 

1. You may debate with any ideas posted, but do not post objections to the topic, style, spelling, use of capital letters, or grammar of anyone's posting.  For example, you may debate whether the moon is made of green cheese, but kindly refrain from reviling a poster by telling him that it is politically incorrect to discuss green cheese.   

2. Do not post complaints or attacks vs. other posters.  

3. No obscene language,cuss words, or blasphemy may be used.   

4. Send complaints privately by e-mail to NellPatKay@hotmail.com.  If your posting is deleted, it could be because it violates forum rules or is just chosen for a short run on the forum.  

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . If you want the password, register your screen names by e-mail, as password may be needed again if problems arise on the Forum. CHECK OUT THE search function, which is good: it checks the content of the postings.

Note that if you paste onto the Forum, for some reason Bravenet may change your quote marks and apostrophes into something else, like little boxes or funny U's.   Thanks for coming, participating, and for showing love .

BIBLE AND THEOLOGY FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
IBcerg's Questions on Eschatology

"scripture for the earthly throne please?"

I don't feel like taking the time right now to provide you with the references since you can do it for yourself. Do you have a Bible program? Use its concordance feature to search "throne."

'Through His sacrificial death, Jesus Christ has conquered Satan, defeated death and ransomed people from every nation to become a kingdom of priests, gladly serving Him.'

True, praise the Lord! But we are still afflicted with indwelling sin, and evil abounds on the earth.

"What is He coming back to a filthy dead earth for"

I do not know all of the Lord's reasons for what He does. Why did He choose me to be His son? But part of the reason is to keep His covenants with Israel. The Lord has a plan for the earth. And as to Jerusalem, He has desired it for His habitation. The Lord has a special interest in the Land of Israel and in the Earth.

"To perfect recycling?"

Thanks for a chuckle. I am glad that the Lord recycled me! He is in the business of transformation (2 Cor 3:18; Rom 12:1-2; check reference to the Greek word morphe, as in meta-morp-o-sis. When a transformation takes place, the old becomes new.

"study the history of rapture teaching."

I am a Bible College Graduate and a seminary graduate. I hold 4 master's degrees and a Ph.D. I have done some study. My Bible reading project this year (already completed) was to go through the whole Bible and highlight all the passages on eschatology, using different colors. I marked all passages I found on Heaven, Hades, Lake of Fire, Intermediate State, Rapture, Resurrection, Day of the Lord, Dan's 70th Week, Tribulation, Second Coming, Millennium, New Heaven & New Earth, Eternal State. I did a master's thesis on The Kingdom Announcement of Matthew 4:17: "Repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand."

I have an extensive personal library with books by persons of various persuasions. I may even own Allis in Wonderland.

"Hint- Cyrus Scofield, Samuel Untermyer"

I don't know S.U. I am aware of Scofield and admire him as a great man of God. His reference Bible has errors in it, as also my writings and yours do! But his general approach makes good sense of eschatology. I found an interesting claim on the internet that this pre-trib rapture view was promulgated by a Jesuit Priest who wrote with a Jewish pen name. I think the claim was that this Jesuit had a sinister plot in mind by writing his book.

"no offense, you've been hoodwinked"

One man (Al Kennedy) very instrumental in my initially trusting Christ as Savior was an amillennialist Calvinist presbyterian who worked with me at US Steel. He did not hookwink me when he spoke of his amil position; He was a sincere and loving man, just wrong on amilism.

It looks to me like perhaps you may be way too polemically excited on this subject. The important thing is to expect Christ's return at any time and live in that expectation. We must love His appearing with the fantastic expectation of being transformed to His image, losing our sin natures, and having every tear wiped from our eyes. He Who spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not also with Him freely give us all things." Let us not shoot cannon balls at canary birds.

There is a ton of stuff on the internet both in favor and against distinguishing the rapture from the Second Coming. I don't know if it worth our time to debate it. You may post on it here, if you wish. But I will not define you as scoundrel or heretic for disagreeing with me on eschatology.

"Just over 200 yrs old. Every new wind of doctrine."

Well, if you search the internet you will also find a lot of material debating the antiquity of the belief that the Rapture precedes Daniel's 70th week, which is popularly called "The Tribulation." I will let you study it and make up your own mind, if you have not already.

It should be noted that with the course of time, just as scientists discover more and more truths, so do also theologians and Bible students. The important thing is not when a doctrine became popular, but what does the Bible say about it. I don't think that "Justification by Faith" was very popular before Luther, though there were those who believed it.

BTW, are you a Bible-believing Christian? If you died today where would you go? How do you know? What is the basis of your hope, if you have hope?