BIBLE AND THEOLOGY FORUM

Welcome!  You are at BibleAndTheology.com, which is the general forum for BibleAndTheology.org.  Persons are invited to post on Bible and Theology (widely interpreted).  Some postings may be chosen to be reposted on BibleAndTheology.org.  Give & receive love here. If you post here, please do not use "Anonymous" or the like. Choose your own screen names, but do not use one that you know is already being used by someone else. Please: 

1. You may debate with any ideas posted, but do not post objections to the topic, style, spelling, use of capital letters, or grammar of anyone's posting.  For example, you may debate whether the moon is made of green cheese, but kindly refrain from reviling a poster by telling him that it is politically incorrect to discuss green cheese.   

2. Do not post complaints or attacks vs. other posters.  

3. No obscene language,cuss words, or blasphemy may be used.   

4. Send complaints privately by e-mail to NellPatKay@hotmail.com.  If your posting is deleted, it could be because it violates forum rules or is just chosen for a short run on the forum.  

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . If you want the password, register your screen names by e-mail, as password may be needed again if problems arise on the Forum. CHECK OUT THE search function, which is good: it checks the content of the postings.

Note that if you paste onto the Forum, for some reason Bravenet may change your quote marks and apostrophes into something else, like little boxes or funny U's.   Thanks for coming, participating, and for showing love .

BIBLE AND THEOLOGY FORUM
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Profession of Faith

I have been saved:
Romans 8:24
Ephesians 2:5-8
2 Timothy 1:9
Titus 3:5

I am being saved:
Philippians 2;12
1 Peter 1:9

I hope to be saved:
Matthew 10:22
Matthew 24:13
Mark 8:3-5
Acts 15:11
Romans 5:9-10
Romans 13:11
1 Corinthians 3:15
1 Corinthians 5:5
Hebrews 9:28

This is the Christian answer. This is salvation.

God bless.

Re: Profession of Faith

There are 3 tenses to salvation, past, present, and future. "Hope" in the English sense of the word is misleading. The Christian has a sure future. We may know that we HAVE eternal life (1 John).

As John says, they shall never perish, neither shall anyone pluck them out of My hand.

The end of Romans gives an unbreakable chain of events:

Foreknown, foreordained, called, justified, glorified.

29 For whom he foreknew, he also foreordained to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren: 30 and whom he foreordained, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified. 31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? 32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not also with him freely give us all things? 33 Who shall lay anything to the charge of God’s elect? It is God that justifieth; 34 who is he that condemneth? It is Christ Jesus that died, yea rather, that was raised from the dead, who is at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us. 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or anguish, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36 Even as it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; We were accounted as sheep for the slaughter. 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. 38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

"The Christian has a sure future" you say.

I believe in Christ, have acknowledged Him as my Savior, and have FAITH in Him. Therefore, I am saved.

Now tomorrow, if I murder, cheat, lie, steal, commit adultery, take the Lord's name in vain, and worship an idol, am I still saved?

You say "once saved, always saved". Therefore, according to you, I can do as I please now that I have been saved without fear of Hell.

Arch,
Answer me:
1) Have you read the Bible through? How many times?
2) Have you read the apocrypha through? How many times?
Don't duck.

I'm not sure exactly how many times to be honest. Does it matter anyway?
Often I've found that I know more on Scripture than others having read it far less times than those who have it many more than I!

Please answer my last question though, would i be saved if I was once saved and then went out and committed all of those sins?
Don't duck.

How many time have you read each?

Are you ducking, Arch.

Give us a straight answer:
Have you ever read the Bible all the way through?
Have you ever read the Apocrypha all the way through?
Why do I have to pull teeth to get an answer.
I ask, because if you haven't read the Apocrypha, how can you say it is self-evidently God's word? or were you just borrowing my language insincerely?

What diff does it make if you have read it?
Well, its tough to say something is self-evidently God's word if you never read it.

Now Arch, I already answered your question. If you want me to validate an absurdity built into a question, I won't do that for you.

Bearing a certain fruit does make a tree. A tree doesn't become a peach tree by bearing peaches. But we know the tree by its fruit. A peach tree bears peaches because it is a peach tree.

Eph 2
for by grace have ye been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not of works, that no man should glory. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God afore prepared that we should walk in them.

Strange it is when an unsaved man, who has no good works, wants to insist on good works for salvation. Strange when an unsaved man is concerned about a saved person sinning. But really in view of man's sin it is not so strange, since sinners want to pretend that they are good.

Thou shalt call His name Jesus, for He SHALL SAVE HIS PEOPLE FROM THEIR SINS.

Salvation is salvation from sins, not just a ticket to Heaven. Now you ask, what if a person who is saved is not saved. That is an absurd question.

Re: How many time have you read each?

To answer the fisrt question: I have not read ALL of the Bible straight through.

Second: The apocrypha is nonexistent, so no, I have not read a nonexistent thing. If, however, you meant deuterocanonical, then yes, I have read them.

You say that one who is saved will not commit the horrible atrocities that I listed. Do you mean that one who is saved will never sin?

Let me reword my earlier example:
Say one is saved after having called on the name of Christ and accepting Him as their savior.
Later in their life, they completely renounce Him for whatever reason.
Is that person still saved?

I have seen it happen so do not say that it is impossible for such an event to occur.
And do not use the cop out saying that the person was never saved in the first place.

Re: How many time have you read each?

No Arch, I don't mean that a Christian never sins. In many ways we all stumble.

But a Christian is saved. He is saved from sin. Therefore, he cannot as a manner of life commit gross sin. He cannot both be saved from sin & not saved from sin. Thou shalt call His name Jesus, for He shall save His people from their sin. 1 John indicates that apostasy proves a person was never saved.

Your questions seem based on absurd assumptions. What if a saved person is not saved? You have not seen it happen. And you cannot be sure that another person was ever saved because you cannot see into their hearts.

" They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they all are not of us."

Now don't accuse God's word of a cop out or pretend to know more than He.

You can't be both saved & not saved, Arch. If you habitually sin in gross ways, scripture is clear that you are not saved.

God's grace has never made me feel like sinning. I love Him because He first loved me. He paid for all my sins on the cross, why would I despise his grace & act an ingrate?

Salvation is first a change of nature; old things pass away, all becomes new. Then it is eternal life including Heaven.