Return to Website

Number Watch Web Forum

This forum is about wrong numbers in science, politics and the media. It respects good science and good English.

Number Watch Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Man Made Global Warming

Jeb,

However did you stay in business. Walking in and telling your clients the truth. My gosh man, with just a little bit of misdirection, you could have bilked the pair of them for much more.

Of course sleeping may have become difficult on such a modus operandi.

brad

Re: Man Made Global Warming- Error by Archibald

Actually, the Archibald paper quoted here contains an error: the link to the satellite data points to the MSU dataset for the lower troposhere, which clearly shows a stronger warming trend without the downturn evident from the graph in the paper.

The graph in the paper possibly refers to data for the mid-troposhere http://vortex.nsstc.uah.edu/data/msu/t2/uahncdc.mt
where a lesser warming trend is less impressive given that above this layer (stratosphere) greenhouse-induced cooling is expected and eident to some degree.

It does not help the paper and the sceptical cause when the first graphic, first reference, first link of a paper can be shown up to be in error and quite misleading.

http://www.lavoisier.com.au/papers/Conf2007/Archibald2007.pdf

Re: Re: Man Made Global Warming- Error by Archibald

Too kind of you Herbert to inform us about Archibald's mistake. Dare one ask what Archibald said when you informed him of his error? Was it "Thanks, I never noticed, I'll correct my paper immediately." or perhaps he said. "You're wrong, for the following reasons...." Do tell us because you sound such a polite person who never try to cast aspersions on another person's work without first checking with them.

Re: Re: Man Made Global Warming- Error by Archibald

Herbert,

When you write "the Archibald paper quoted here ", where does "here" refer to?

I may have missed something but it does not seem to be a reference to Brad's post and I'm not sure what it may connect back to on the main Numberwatch site so I would be grateful for some pointers.

Grant