Return to Website

Number Watch Web Forum

This forum is about wrong numbers in science, politics and the media. It respects good science and good English.

Number Watch Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "Yuck" declared racist

It is in the Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/education/2261307/Toddlers-who-dislike-spicy-food-racist,-say-report.html

Re: "Yuck" declared racist

Uhm.... well.. I think for political correctness, we are probably about equal one way and another. What I've been wondering about recently is where prejudice ends and personal, empirical observation and experience begins? Who is the arbiter of what is prejudice, (racial or otherwise). How many Jews for example, would an observer have to declare experience of being mean and money grubbing for observations to become a tendancy? And how notable it is that some observations are politically ok to make - viz men withold and bottle up their emotions; are unable to multitask; are sport obsessed etc. whilst others about Jewish stinginess or my own observation, that the very least competent drivers are negro women, are deemed racially prejudiced and politically incorrect.