Return to Website

Number Watch Web Forum

This forum is about wrong numbers in science, politics and the media. It respects good science and good English.

Number Watch Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Andrew Wakefield

I agree, but I remember hearing that 1 run of the LHC will create enough data to fill up enough cds to go from here to the moon (or something of that order).

I assume that it is all high quality data, I have just seen shimmerings of our beloved friend epidemiology in unexpected places of late. Weasel words creaping into harder sciences.

The 90% accuracy on disease identifications is scary when applied to large populations with suggestions that we scan everyone for everything. If you were to apply those tests to everyone, would it be almost a certainty that everyone would have something?

I'm more worried by the sudden disappearance of our generous host's commentary about Wakefield.

When JB said he was legally exposed by merely commentating, he may have just tempted the Dark Lord of Libel.

I fear a new round of bending at the begging bowl may be called for at the delight of He Who Clearly Cannot Be Named.

I have replace the comment. I hope the disappearance was not as sinister as it might seem.

That the Dark Lord of Libel has not paid a visit is truly wonderful news. Rescue party called off.