Return to Website

Number Watch Web Forum

This forum is about wrong numbers in science, politics and the media. It respects good science and good English.

Number Watch Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Number of the month suggestions 306, 57 or 363

The fact is that despite the heavy drubbing AGW has taken and especially since the Climategate emails, we have the absurd situation that the EU is proposing dramatic increases in the levels of CO to be removed from the atmosphere.
It will take some concerted, focused action to get sense into our politicians and the only way to that is through the ballot box.
Sadly the current UK prime minister has set about, as his number one priority, making **** sure it will take a military coup to dislodge him.
So if we want to see an end to climate change legislation we need to find some suitably disgruntled military types, fed up with seeing their lads blown up and shot because they don't have adequate equipment and who are prepared to do a "Four Colonels" number on our "elected" government.

Website for nominating laws for repeal now set up

I thought I'd update this thread to point out that the arrangements for how the public can nominate laws for repeal has now been set up. It is, as might be expected, done through a website.

The Register has an amusing article about early activity at the website, describing it as a 'lunatic magnet'.

link

The Register also speculates that the site is replacing the government e-petitions website. It doesn't surprise me at all that the Lib Dems would want to get rid of the e-petitions website, the British hoi polloi just weren't 'progressive' enough in which petitions they decided to lend their support to.