Return to Website

Number Watch Web Forum

This forum is about wrong numbers in science, politics and the media. It respects good science and good English.

Forum: Number Watch Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bias

I'm a bit confused by your post Brad. Who is the "smart person" you're talking about? Is it "good.is", the author of the post on the digg.com link? Also good.is doesn't provide a link, as far as I can see, to the new website that he/she is talking about.

My understanding of what good.is is talking about, for people who don't follow the AGW caper very closely, is that a list of 900 AGW sceptic papers was compiled by the Popular Technology blog:

link1

This list of 900 or so papers was a response, I believe, to Al Gore's claim, probably made in his Inconvenient Truth film, that out of a list of 928 peer-reviewed papers on AGW, no paper held a sceptical position on AGW.

The list of AGW sceptic papers has been criticised by various Greenie bloggers, and one blog called Carbon Brief, run almost inevitably by someone from Greenpeace, claimed that 9 out of 10 of the main AGW sceptic authors were funded by ExxonMobil. Popular Technology did provide a response to this allegation, they interviewed the authors and all of them said they were not funded by ExxonMobil apart from Fred Singer who received an unexpected and unsolicited donation of $10,000 more than a decade ago.

link2

Email  
Re: Bias - by brad.tittle - Jul 12, 2011 4:38pm
Re: Bias - by Dave Gardner - Jul 12, 2011 11:44pm