Return to Website

Number Watch Web Forum

This forum is about wrong numbers in science, politics and the media. It respects good science and good English.

Number Watch Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The lancet Reports on Asprin

I spelled dam wrong... Apologies for the appearance of impropriety...

People who are offended by words like #()@ or $)*# or #*(@ probably should wander around the internet. When the censor censor they often make those words appear where they weren't to begin with...

Reading their suggestions for "preventing cancer" was a head shaking experience. Life is measured by your appreciation of each moment NOT the number of days you manage to eek out.

It is really hard to make a living saying "eat what you want. If you don't feel so good after eating what you want, I recommend not eating it again." If you don't like hangovers, don't drink till you puke. Feel sick after you eat at McDonald's? Don't eat at McDonalds... Such advice does not cause FUD...

Which brings me to an uncomfortable subject, pro-biotics. If anyone is interested in podcasts, I recommend "Quackcast". A common quote from Dr. Crislip "Meta Analysis, shmeta analysis". He talks about pro-biotics and their effectiveness in one episode. He illuminates with one important clinical application of pro-biotics to save a person's life.

a link the important message is about half way through.... Something you sit on and transplant are involved....

I have added a comment in the March piece.

Ah. Just as I thought!