Return to Website

Number Watch Web Forum

This forum is about wrong numbers in science, politics and the media. It respects good science and good English.

Number Watch Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
An accolade of sorts

"Number Watch is “probably the worst laid out site of all time”."

Not even close. If I was to award that dubious honour, it would go to "Still Waiting for Greenhouse". I was, and remain, full of admiration for John Daly and in a better world he would be lauded in his homeland as a hero in the struggle for truth. His book, "The Greenhouse Trap", written in 1989 and still relevant today, is a treasured position.

However, his website was/is a shambles. It is almost like a series of post-it notes, jotted down and strewn around a desk, each one pointing to a new pearl of wisdom, but in no coherent order. That said, the chaotic shambles that is the site, is a monument to a great Australian.

Similarly, the idiosyncratic site that is "Number Watch" is a monument to a great pommie.

Re: An accolade of sorts

I don't see the problem.
I personally equate the professional glitzy websites with scam.
Perpetual motion sites, zero point energy proponents (Steorn?) and so forth.

Fancy backgrounds and exotic fonts, flash players and bandwidth consuming elements are all very well to advertise the web designers capability with all sorts of gimmicks but they are a nuisance and a distraction.

There is a great deal to be said for a simple basic website.
Numberwatch has a home page.
That is where I go.
I check the £"umber of the month" posts and I look for new material and then I click the "Enter My Forum" button and I am here.
I choose to view board style and that's it.

What more does the site need?